Recipe My Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

My Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Homemade chicken pot pie made all from scratch with a buttery flaky crust and the most luscious chicken and vegetable filling!

I remember my mom bringing home a frozen pot pie from the store on the nights that she was just too crazy busy to make it from scratch. Back then that was the norm, you know? Convenience items weren’t thought twice about because they were there to help moms get dinner on the table.

Since that time I’d forgotten about pot pie until years and years ago we had a homemade one from a friend and it was comfort food perfection! We’ve had our chicken pot pie soup on the blog for a long time, but we’ve needed a classic chicken pot pie. Sadly it’s taken me until now to develop the perfect pie crust and filling, but here it is!

homemade-chicken-pot-pie-recipe-12.jpg

I mean, the crust had to be buttery and flaky but still hold up to the filling and my gosh, that filling needed to be perfect! None of this watery mumbo jumbo. And no, it should not taste like chicken gravy either. It should be a perfect sauce with well seasoned big pieces of chicken in it. Rotisserie chicken is a must to achieve that. Not only is it easier but the flavor and texture are meant to be!

(more…)

READ: My Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back