My first Daylily blooms for 2010

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

My daylilies have started to bloom. I think the first one might be Going Bananas. I lost the tag during the winter. I have to check outside later for the Bi-color's name. I bought six more Daylilies today. Two each of Stella del Ola, Little Wart, and Frosty Orange. They were $2 each. I will get them in the ground tomorrow and I have four more I need to get moved. They are in the shade of my crepe mrytles at the front of my lawn and getting too much shade.

Attachments

• tn_gardening007.JPG
    tn_gardening007.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 280
  • tn_gardening029.JPG
    tn_gardening029.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 283

Spider_Lily

My daylilies have started to bloom. I think the first one might be Going Bananas. I lost the tag during the winter. I have to check outside later for the Bi-color's name. I bought six more Daylilies today. Two each of Stella del Ola, Little Wart, and Frosty Orange. They were $2 each. I will get them in the ground tomorrow and I have four more I need to get moved. They are in the shade of my crepe mrytles at the front of my lawn and getting too much shade.

I have those two bought them this Spring.Mine's called Stella d' Oro
and the other is Night Beacon the tag look's like yours .Mine has'nt bloomed yet.Your's are beautiful .:)

Dor

Stella

I didn't think I had any Stella in that location but maybe so Spider unless it wasir was mislabeled. I bought that one from Gilbert H. Wilde.

Dor

I have a few more daylilies blooming.

Attachments

• gardening016.JPG
    gardening016.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 281
  • gardening015.JPG
    gardening015.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 280
  • gardening001.JPG
    gardening001.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 288
  • gardening002.JPG
    gardening002.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 277

Spider_Lily

Very nice Dor love all of them.Love the purple.I went out hoping to see and Ora open but not yet maybe tomorrow.:)

Dor

Thank you Spider. I just love them.

Did you have any luck with the Texas Star seeds? Someone dug up my mom's at the house where we grew up. Some people will do anything. It is a small town and they know where reach here so I don't know where they didn't ask for a cutting or some seeds. She's not living there since she has been ill. She went there a few days ago and it was gone. She says the hole is there where they dug it up and some other plants. I want to try germianting a few seeds of a few of my plants for her. She asked for Lantana's this morning. I just plants 2 this morning.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awful Dor that someone would go into the yard and dig up her flowers. Yrs ago, someone stopped and picked a bunch of flowers in my mom's garden and she yelled out to them and asked them what they were doing and they said picking wild flowers as her garden was by the road, she said those are not wild flowers and you could tell that they were in a garden. once someone stopped and picked all my gram's lilacs, boy she was hopping mad, never seen her get mad like she did that day. She was going to use them at the cemetary for Memorial Day like she always did

GardenBear1

I love seeing day lilies in bloom mine haven't started yet, Dor I love the colors of all your lilies,
Mainegal, have your lilles started to bloom yet ??

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garden Bear
Not yet but have some buds on a few of them. My rhodies are starting to bloom which is way early for them. My irises are not blooming this yr and I'm bumming, only have 3 buds on the tall bearded ones

Dor

That's awful Dor that someone would go into the yard and dig up her flowers. Yrs ago, someone stopped and picked a bunch of flowers in my mom's garden and she yelled out to them and asked them what they were doing and they said picking wild flowers as her garden was by the road, she said those are not wild flowers and you could tell that they were in a garden. once someone stopped and picked all my gram's lilacs, boy she was hopping mad, never seen her get mad like she did that day. She was going to use them at the cemetary for Memorial Day like she always did

It is just awful what some people will do. Someone even stole my mom's new tiller while she was living with my sister. It is a small town of 400+ people and everyone knew she was sick so the culprit went to the house while my sister that was living there was at work. we were fit to be tied.

She has always saved silver dollars and had the large water bottles with them in there. When our house burned years ago someone took the silver dollars before she or my father could get home and was so stupid as to spend them in town. The store owner called my mom to tell her. She didn't call the police but she should have.

Spider_Lily

Thank you Spider. I just love them.

Did you have any luck with the Texas Star seeds? Someone dug up my mom's at the house where we grew up. Some people will do anything. It is a small town and they know where reach here so I don't know where they didn't ask for a cutting or some seeds. She's not living there since she has been ill. She went there a few days ago and it was gone. She says the hole is there where they dug it up and some other plants. I want to try germianting a few seeds of a few of my plants for her. She asked for Lantana's this morning. I just plants 2 this morning.

Dor I have a few plant's from the seed you sent me.I will surely save some for you.Hoping they do well it is so dry here having to keep everything watered.I love Lantana too I had a beautiful pot of yellow last Summer don't know what happened but it didn't come back this Spring.

Dor

Dor I have a few plant's from the seed you sent me.I will surely save some for you.Hoping they do well it is so dry here having to keep everything watered.I love Lantana too I had a beautiful pot of yellow last Summer don't know what happened but it didn't come back this Spring.

I have the New Gold Lantanas and will save you some. I will try to grow the rest of the seeds I have from the Texas stars. If I don't have any luck with them Spider I will let you know. Here's a picture of some of mine. It's been raining here since about 6pm yesterday.

Attachments

• gardening013.JPG
    gardening013.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 297

Maggie

Lovely lilies Dor. I have one like yours of the red with yellow throut. Its one of my favorites.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine all have fat buds waiting to burst in to flowers. We are having our first rain in a while so maybe this will cause them to open. I can't wait to see what colors I have. They were given to me by a nighbor and there were so many we are not sure what colors they are.
Dor you have beautiful blooms

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally! Check these out. I have been waiting since last fall to see what colors they are going to be. This is the first one to bloom

Attachments

• Purple Center Daylily.jpg
    Purple Center Daylily.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 306

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
This I found blooming in a corner , forgot all about it.

Attachments

• Tiger Lily.jpg
    Tiger Lily.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 266

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com