My garden 2010

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Things should be a lot brighter next year now that we are switching over to a La Nina weather pattern!
You can write off this year as an El Nino summer! We suffered heat and drought conditions here!
Out of 2 hills of Butternut squash I have 4 nice sized squash.
The cucs started out ok then they went downhill and where a write off buy the beginning of August!
Same for the zuccini, had a lot, then the heat and drought hit!
The yellow and green beens produced a good crop over a long period, to the point we didn't want to see anymore until next year. I will have a good crop of dried beens since I left them to ripen...almost time to pick and shell them!
Kolrobi was a waste of time and garden space. Some of the stems started to swell only to split, the rest got eaten by cabbage caterpillars!
Still waiting for the parsnips and root parsley to develop!
Next year will be a better year!
It has to be!

This was not a good year here either. Out of about a hundred peppers plants, there were four or five that actually survived and produced some peppers. My tomatoes are still green and it looks like my corn did about as well as Alan's. My green beans and squash though have done well. The winter squash did not start growing well until about the end of July, so I may not get fully developed squash. I won't be planting a garden next year though. There are several things that have brought me to this point, but the most important one is that I need to take my grandson fishing before he gets old enough to prefer girls to Grandpa.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back