My garden 2010

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

You have sure been busy. I'm still waiting for the rain to stop so the ground will dry out some.

I don't have any ripe tomatoes yet but the bushes are looking great and there's lots of green ones. No bottom rot this season..so far. It's looking good for the canning later. I've fried a couple of those green maters already.:D

Attachments

• toms.jpg
    toms.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 261
I forgot to add this one. Sweet Corn and green beans.

Attachments

• corn n beans.jpg
    corn n beans.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 269
A very nice sized veggie garden Gloria!
Did you have help planting your crops?

You've been very busy Alan!
Soon you can sit back, relax, and just watch everything growi!

Thanks Dor. Thankfully we've had rain lately that has helped it alot.
Ron, we do have help getting it disced and plowed but RJ and I do the planting and weeding. My brother has the use of a tractor and we also have a friend with one. We leave a strip between rows to pull a trailor for harvest. We intend to sell some of the produce this season.

You have it down to a fine art!
My mini veggie garden will do for the 2 of us!
Got the cucs, zucs and squash planted as well as the yellow and green beens!
I will probably expand the garden next year so we can add beets and onions and extra rows of lettuce and parsnips! But then again, I do not want to overwork myself, I have so many other things to keep me busy such as my perennial business as well as adding more show gardens for xeric plants! (Xeric~ drought tolerant perennials)
I've had 2 sales, a few lookers, and someone dropped off some need used pots and the trays they came in!
I have my signs up so it will only be a matter of time before people come around to have a closer look at what I have for offer! Word of mouth will really help once they know where I am!

I just have enough also for my family and a few friends but it is so nice to look at the ones that have the large gardens.

I think RJ and I get a little carried away with planting. Those 3 rows of Toms are not all we have. In another field we have 3 more longer rows. Needless to say we don't stake them, that would require a lot of stakes and time. We lose a few because the toms rots if touching the ground but we usually do very well. This is the first year we grew most of our Toms from seeds, it's much cheaper that way.
Ron, sounds like you have a good thing started. Word of mouth and advertising and you'll be knee deep in sales in no time..good luck and happy growing.

I finally got to work in my garden today. I got all my peppers planted, but they won't do much until the soil warms up. I also got one row of beans planted and the string up for them to climb on when they get that far along.

Pics of my green tomatoes. Can't wait for these babies to ripen.:)

Attachments

• toms.jpg
    toms.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 258
  • toms 2.jpg
    toms 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 277
A few more pics...
1. Squash bush
2. a tiny squash
3. cucumbers

Attachments

• squash.jpg
    squash.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 292
  • tiny squash.jpg
    tiny squash.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 264
  • cucs.jpg
    cucs.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 273
Between Friday and Saturday I got all my hand planted seeds in the ground. The bum knee was some bummed by yesterday afternoon and I had problems sleeping last night because of it. I had planned to plant corn today but it rained, starting after midnight and continued to the present. Not real heavy but it has dumped 1.3" since midnight. That takes care of any dry soil issues. :)

I also put in one "offer" of W-W onion plants from Gurney's. I've had them quite a while and know they probably won't do very well but I just wasn't able to get the soil ready earlier. I haven't written to Gurney's yet but I am going to let them know how I feel about getting shorted on an order. On onions one "offer" is two "bunches", a "bunch" contains 55-75 plants. What I received was two bunches that contained (combined) 62 plants. I planted one "offer" last year and never counted them. It seemed like we went through the onions awful fast, maybe they were short last year also.

Alan, seems these days everything is getting smaller and the price is getting higher. It doesn't hurt to complain though..you never know, it might help and they send you a freebie to make it up.
I've already harvested my onions, they were kinda small this year. I'm so glad we have an early Spring here, if I had to wait till June to plant I wouldn't know what to do with myself! We actually have weather that we could grow a second crop of about everything. I've noticed that with the late crops we have more trouble with bugs and worms than with the early crop. Happy planting..hope your garden produces well for you

We had a nice day on Saturday and I finally got to plant some things. I planted 88 pepper plants, 4 tomatoes, and a row of beans. If we have a nice day tomorrow, I think I can get my other two rows of beans in.

Wow you all sure have been busy. In this last week I have planted 62 tomatoes. 35 bell peppers, 60 cucumbers, over 200 corn plants and tons of seeds, 18 jalepeno, 1 ghost pepper, 1 peter pepper, 1 hot banana, 1 jamaican pepper, 4 habeneros, and have way too many to count more tomato plants that are BEGGING to go into the ground. We just got the melon patch, the back garden and the middle veggie garden tilled tonight. More planting tomorrow. I'm hoping for a nice (70) breezy weather just like today. I'm in Indiana so our planting is done alot later then I would like. Take care, Becki

Wow! What do you do with the ghost pepper? The habaneros are hot enough for my purposes.

My Scotch Bonnets didn't do germinate well so I sowed some Habaneros on Monday. I still have some seeds of the Scotch bonnets but will pass on them. I only had two and they are still very tiny.

I picked two jalapenos and two cucumbers today. The cucumbers were so good with s/p and vinegar.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back