My Greenhouses

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OK as some of oyu know we finally found a new home to start over in back here in Oregon...What we really wanted was to be out a bit more and have a bit more land..But this was not the Lord's will for us for now...This place opened up and was ready to miove right in...the bigest selling point for me were the Greenhouses..nothing fancy mind you ...so here they are ...empty...will be setting them up and your input is very welcomed...the first on is the small one...It has running awater and power...a pooting bench with a heater liner...I forgot the measurements...
the first two pitures are of the outside...side view is the east side..front is the southside

Attachments

• 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (53).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (53).JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 509
  • 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (31).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (31).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 517

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
now the inside

Attachments

• 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (59).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (59).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (57).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (57).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 496
  • 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (58).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (58).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 509

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
On the first one the floor is cement...this one is half cement and have dirt...
then on the west side is the shop...

this is the bigger greenhouse view of the east side and then looking inside to the east

Attachments

• 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (34).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (34).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (44).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (44).JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 513

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OK we have a screened in sunporch off the living room...it is on the east side of the house and gets south sun also...the lady that lived here rasied fushes (sp?) in here...it has a door coming out the north said and the east side outside...then the door going into the house...I am thinking this will be a gtreat place to harden off the startes in the spring...and then house plants in the summer

Attachments

• 2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (52).JPG
    2008_1105MomandDadB0001 (52).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 489

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah yeah yeah rub it in girl :p that you have 3 greenhouses and i don't have any :(
can't wait to see all your greenhouses filled with plants
you are so lucky

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
we are senior members....
is Bob trying to tell us something about our age????......lol
just kidding

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I think senior members comes form 100 post....because as for me I am still just a baby..;) not old like some ...LOL:D

bob

Administrator
Staff member
we are senior members....
is Bob trying to tell us something about our age????......lol
just kidding

Well sure, anyone who's over 100 gets that monicker... :D

Oh, did I forget to mention that's 100 posts, not 100 years of age? ;)

Now that fact that some of you have achieved that status in all of 2 days indicates just how active this place is already...

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Oh, did I forget to mention that's 100 posts, not 100 years of age? ;)

Now that fact that some of you have achieved that status in all of 2 days indicates just how active this place is already...

and that some of us may have to much free time...OY!;)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
once i go back to work which will probably be next wed I won't be on so much during the day, some of us do have to work......lol

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
:p
very welcomed...the first on is the small one...It has running awater and power...a pooting bench with a heater liner...I forgot the measurements...
My Dearest Veg ,You have the 1st typo prize. Don't be offend I couldn't resist.:p If I had a green house with a pooting bench with a heat liner I would never get my hubby out of it! I envy you!!!!:D

brassi

intresting......greenhouses. I'd say to start some leaf lettuces in pots, they will grow right through winter. They will sell wonderful in spring. I'd make a mix of lettuces, such as black seeded simpson, deer tongue,bib, and a mix of colored lettuces, even radish greens too.How about even some asian greens.
I grow pots of mixed lettuces, sell them for $10.00 each. If they are harvested correctly,, you can get 3 months of daily salads from them.

brassi

I do see some structural concernes though with the greenhouses. But you can email me off site,, and we can discuss them.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
:p
My Dearest Veg ,You have the 1st typo prize. Don't be offend I couldn't resist. If I had a green house with a pooting bench with a heat liner I would never get my hubby out of it! I envy you!!!!

:eek:oh my goodness...what ever shall I do....;)you can send the prize money direct to me...;)well from you no way would I take offence....I shall go fix that if I can....LOL No fixing it...so let the fun begin...LOL

Last edited:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
thanks crabbergirl...we are stuck with the "potting" mis-spell...LOL...
Yes, we have some boards to replace along the ground...very miner...

I have all my seeds together Mari-Jo just have had no time...but you are correct I will be lost in them most the time...tried out the lap top yesterday out there ...and works wonderful...DH said he owuld put a bathroom in the bigh one...sence the shop is right off it on the west side....has a place for one...I am thrilled

did some planing this afternoon where and how I want the shelves built in the larger one...and of course a bed for Marv

S

Sproutling

OH MY!
Bless You!
Greenhouses!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

I bought the supplies to build one but voted against it once I found out the ordinance
fellas had to make a few visits...It was tax time!
I do however have 2small ones 5x3 *lol
And make them over my beds at times such as cold season which is now until May!
I also use other stuff to greenhouse.
I guess I will just sit back and watch yours! It is going to be a challenge if you haven't done it before.Ventilation is a strong need.
Have fun with it!

Sproutling:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com