my hens and chicks

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

here are some of the hens and chicks I ordered last year

Attachments

• kya d 041.jpg
    kya d 041.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 372
  • kya d 040.jpg
    kya d 040.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Kya D

more

another hen and some wonderful sedums that I have recieved in trades
And one of the kids watching Hubby eat

Attachments

• kya d 043.jpg
    kya d 043.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 396
  • kya d 049.jpg
    kya d 049.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 386
  • kya d 051.jpg
    kya d 051.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 404
  • kya d 007.jpg
    kya d 007.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 389

GardenBear1

Kya, Love the hens and the succ, but the kids are just soooooooooo cute, did hubby give the a bite of his food ?:D

Kya D

Na it's me who gives them tastes from my plate. They are just the funniest lil dogs.

Spider_Lily

another hen and some wonderful sedums that I have recieved in trades
And one of the kids watching Hubby eat

What is this in the second pic?I have some of the same thing.And the three pup's don't look anything like a hen and chick.LOLCute babies though:)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll take more photos when the weather warms up again!
I have so many different species and hybrids that I lost count!
Here's two of my favorite...they actually are all my favorites!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 375
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 375

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a cute succulent-like perennial called a Draba. It is very small, about the size of a quarter!
It is a spring bloomer related to the broccoli!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 382

Kya D

Ron those are wonderful.
The h&C I posted are all very small they are only between 1/2 and 1 1/2 inches. Some multiply well so don't. But I love em and they wintered over well here.
Spideer the second pic is a sedum that I got in a trade unlike the plant the name tag did not winter over. But I really love the colors on it.

Kya D

Ms Sandi The dappled one is named Frodo, yes he was already named when my daughter gave him to me. He is a sweetheart about 5 yrs old. The other two are brother and sister Fanny Mae ( in the middle) and Freddy Mac they are just over a year old.
I just love these little mutt dogs.

Bluewolf

I didn't know you had Weenies!!!! they are so cute!!
I want one someday

Your second sedum pic looks like my "Dragons blood"

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll take more photos when the weather warms up again!
I have so many different species and hybrids that I lost count!
Here's two of my favorite...they actually are all my favorites!

Ron,
Do yours winter over outside? I always feel I have to baby mine.

Kya D

CG mine all winter over here in zone 5, most hens and chicks are hardy to zone 3 or 4.
I don't take any special care of them, they are so care free and make me so happy that they "forced" me to order more H&C again this year, they will be here in May

SandiB

Ms Sandi The dappled one is named Frodo, yes he was already named when my daughter gave him to me. He is a sweetheart about 5 yrs old. The other two are brother and sister Fanny Mae ( in the middle) and Freddy Mac they are just over a year old.
I just love these little mutt dogs.

They are adorable Kya :)

Hens & Chicks are pretty too!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ron,
Do yours winter over outside? I always feel I have to baby mine.

I plant then and ignore them!
They can take just about any type of weather conditions! They come through our nasty cold winters without flinching! Even without any snow coverage!
They grow in pure sand for me, but will do better with any type of loam, even clay soils!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way Kya, the first photo is called 'Oddity'! It's the one with dimpled leaves!
I started dividing the ones I have that are still in pots yesterday and have several more pots of them to pull apart and repot!

Kya D

You are absolutley right Ron. It is one of my favs.
But I love the webbed ones and the oh lets face it I really love em all

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com