my herb garden.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are a couple of pictures of the herb garden this spring.

Attachments

• P5010132.JPG
    P5010132.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 412
  • P5010133.JPG
    P5010133.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 411
  • P5010129.JPG
    P5010129.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 444

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My rosemary has wintered over well here. I saw some rosemary in Lyn's herbs there too. But most of the others I have planted were killed the first winter.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had to cut the oregano back this year as it was the first year we have had much winter kill. We had a really bad winter here.

Scotkat

I have a small herb garden in my own garden and want to replant out with herbs using in kitchen although a lot does not survive our winters too.

Nice herb garden Lyn

Wombat

Great looking herb garden Lyn, they all look very healthy. Thanks for sharing your pics!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think I will do too much to the garden this spring as it has become rather full over the years but I need to take out grass that has crept in and some weed? I have tons of standing cyrus coming this spring. I can say spring as we usually have mild winter and extended spring in this area. I have blubs coming up and the apple tree is trying to pop.
the rosemary is still growing after 4 years. I love to walk through the garden and brush up against it. the smell is awesome but then I love to be near the fennel too.

Wombat

Yeah I know what you mean I have a good sized herb garden too. It's great to use them in cooking and also for their aroma when wandering around the yard.

klevelyn

It is nice to have your herbs come back from year to year. I am finding I need to keep the plants under control to keep them in their places. I will be dividing my oregano this spring.

klevelyn

I have been growing basil, sage and oregano. This year I am going to try chamomile and horehound. I want to try making cough drops with the horehound.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets see I have oregano, parsley, fennel, tarragon, rosemary, chives. I have planted basil, chives, sage in pots this year. I live in zone 8 so I rarely lose much of them. Of course I lose the basil but sometimes it reseeds itself but not this year. I have some roses, iris, Indian blanket, lemon mint, standing Cyrus, rubeccia, and coreopis and a couple of things I picked up at the wildflower center and forgot what I planted. It is almost always having something blooming. The rebeccia is everywhere since the seed was in the compost I put everywhere. Also the coreopis is everywhere. same reason. I love this garden.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Parsley, basil, cilantro, stevia,garlic and dill.

I made the best cucumber dill salad last night. We ate all of it. :( I was hoping I would have some left over for lunch

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
what did you put in the salad Crabber? It sounds really good to me. I love cucumbers and dill

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com