My new Beds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor,
You are so sweet. My motto is : I have never let a plant go homeless! But please don't go to any trouble. I just hope the sagos are ok. I also sent a seed for a queen sago, if you have any questions about sprouting them let me know. I did write out a little info but you may need more;)

I remember you memtioned your son wanted some black ee's. Does he still want them. Mine are multipliing so fast right now and I do not want to throw them away. I will send them on to you and I have so many plants, my addiction is taking over.lol I still see others I would love to have.

Oh yeah Dora, Jaylon my three year old grandson (born on my birthday) was more in the way than anything but it is good to see his dad working.

Wow Dor seems like he is a really great son and handy man! My son is a teen so when he does a little he has to take a half hour break. He gets it done sooner or later! He's going to be stripping the paint off the garage doors soon when it warms up some. He paints too sloppy so I will do that.

Myfedora most teens are like that. My son sure was. LOL He took more brakes then he actually worked but now he will do anything I ask him to and some things I don't even have to mention. Hang in there the teenage son is a whole different animal then the adult son.

Yes they are Bernie and Theresa. He will get there. I remember those teenage boy years.

My son is the middle child and was and still so protective when he is around of me and his sisters. When he was 16 he started the I want to be grownup years. He asked me one day "why is I the only one of my friends that I have to ask "mom may I go out to play?" I answered because I am your mother. Now he understands. He is the only one of my children that thanks me for the ways I raised him. I know my girls do to they are just not as vocal about it.

I was divorced and his father lived in another state so I bought him lots of How to books and I exposed him to positive male figures. He was teased about being a mama's boy by two of his friends and even their father. We talked about that the other day.

My son worked all day yesterday on my neighbors garage apartment and is working for another friend this morning. Tomorrow I guess he will finish up for me and we will get to relax and talk.

Dor,
You did a great job with your son Dor. It is not always easy being a good parent we have to make tough decisions that sometimes we don't want to make.
The greatest feeling I ever had was when my kids ( independent of each other at different times) each one told me that they were thankful I had been such an involved an tough parent. We lived in an area know for weatlh and most parents just threw money at their kids. No matter how my kids begged I refused to buy them things without their earning it. At the time I was the worst Mom in the world now they see all those childhood friends at 27 still are depending on Mom & dad to support them and most have been in and out of jail, while at 24 & 27 my kids each are on their own and not been in trouble. Thay actully thank me for that tough love.

That is so true Nancie and that father that told my son he was a mama's boy has a business with has last name and sons but he runs it alone and his sons are off living off of women and doing wrong. That is the way he raised them, giving them things without any responisibilities and teasing their friends that had less. They are users.

My youngest daughter and her dad rebelled against any punishment I gave her but she got it anyway. Now when she sees her friends children misbehaving she tells them they need to come to her mama's bootcamp for one week and they will be new children. I just laugh at her. I just left the salon, she fixed my hair for Mothers Day.

She used to slam her bedroom door when I would tell her about her misdeeds. Finally one day I had had enough. I told my son to remove her door from the hinges and take it to the garage. I told her when she decided to stop slamming my doors then she could have a door to her bedroom. Eventually she got her bedroom back. I can't remember how long it took but it worked. She tells that story now to anyone that has a problem with their children slamming doors to try that.lol I wouldn't have ever guessed she would have.

Dor,
I am laughing because I did exactly the same thing to my daughter. She slamed it so hard she broke it. She lived without that door until I sold that house. You and I sound a lot alike. Now I am listening to my daughter and her daughter and I laugh. She is really seeing a new prospective of parenting. LOL! But she is doing really well.

My daughter is doing well with her two children also Nancie. She is a bit strict but I know I was too but I think she might be a bit more than I was. I told her to talk a little more and spank a little less, she asked me when did I get to be anti-spanking? I told her I am not against spanking just could see a better way and that I am here to help her and that I didn't have anyone to help me. She does listen to me. Her little son is only eight but he talks back and mumbles under his breath like he is going through puberty already. The times are sure changing. We really need to stop him from talking back. My son's boys are doing the same thing. I think my youngest daughter will be even stricker with her children. She is the one that gave me the hardest time. lol

Dor, your son did a very nice job, by the way who is that little boy in the picture?, i guess he did a lot to assist.

Thanks Levi. He will be here next week. I hope he will have time to do a little yard work. The little one is his son Jaylen, he was doing a good job of getting in the way.lol

veggie plot

mark helped me re-design our veggie patch saturday..just waiting for the soil to warm up..will add some more compost and shredded leaves and it will be off to tomato,zuccini,sweet&hotpeppers,cukes and miniature egg plants land we go! HPIM0858.jpg
Sam the beastie wasn't any help but he looks nice out in the yard..:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back