My new Beds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

This is what my son and I have been doing this week.

Attachments

• tn_New Flower Beds 020.JPG
    tn_New Flower Beds 020.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 379
  • tn_New Flower Beds 021.JPG
    tn_New Flower Beds 021.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 374
  • tn_New Flower Beds 033.JPG
    tn_New Flower Beds 033.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 368

myfedora

Are you two for hire?:D Nice job you two! I think I have wore my hubby out. He is glad it is going to rain tomorrow!

Kya D

Oh Dor it looks like you have big help and little help.
They did a great job. The beds look wonderful

Dor

My son came for the weekend and decided to stay for a week. He works on farm equipment and when it rains they don't work. It is raining in Arkansas he said per his boss. I have to get as much out of him as I can. Tomorrow is picket fence day and finish up my planting my raised beds. I guess Friday he will rewire my outside electrical socket, and replace a socket for my computer I blew yesterday, and put in a couple of lights and maybe a ceiling fan.

I wish you were closer Theresa maybe he could do some work for you. I have to get mine in before he goes next door to our neighbor.

Dor

Yes I think he does Dawn.lol He told me to write it down. I don't have to. I know what I need him to do. We planted one raised bed today. My west side bed with crookneck squash, okra, and purple hull peas. He planted the east side with sugarbaby watermelon, sugarbaby yellow, and charleston watermelon I got from Gloria. One raised bed we planted bush beds, some crookneck squash, okra, ancho peppers and A Better boy and Champion tomato. The last raised bed will get some speckled butterbeans, straightneck squash, bush cucumbers, and If I have room some Dixie Lee peas from Gloria.

The two new beds have already been planted. He also planted four new roses for me. Two climbing Blaze and I don't remember the other two names. We planted asiatic lilies, LA Hybrids, Orienpets, Black EE's, impatients, Fan Palms, Day Lilies, Crinums, and some other things. I can't remember. Now I don't have anywhere to put my second box from Gilbert H Wild that came today. lol

Last edited:

Treva

Whoooo Hoooo Dorothy Beautiful Beds!!!
They will be AWESOME! I am so glad your son is there to help you!
No wonder I cant get a hold of you!
ENJOY Him and that beautiful baby!!!!
Blessings upon Blessings for you my friend!
Luv Ya:D

Dor

Thank you Treva. I am so happy to have him here. I have been sitting outside in my plastic green lawn chair watching him dig, getting my seeds together, sorting the bulbs, and telling him where everything needs to go and of course paying him for his work. I have to pay him something otherwise I wouldn't be able to get him to do all he does. It is cheap labor for mom but I am fair.lol

I will get with you soon. Did you get my message? I called you a few days ago.

Treva

Well anyway you can get the help is good and even better to have him there with you!
I did you must not have got my message about not getting it for a couple days,and having all 4 grandsons this past weekend! And at least one was getting hurt all weekend! My days just seem to get away from me! Maybe we will catch up soon?
Thank you Treva. I am so happy to have him here. I have been sitting outside in my plastic green lawn chair watching him dig, getting my seeds together, sorting the bulbs, and telling him where everything needs to go and of course paying him for his work. I have to pay him something otherwise I wouldn't be able to get him to do all he does. It is cheap labor for mom but I am fair.lol

I will get with you soon. Did you get my message? I called you a few days ago.

Dor

Well anyway you can get the help is good and even better to have him there with you!
I did you must not have got my message about not getting it for a couple days,and having all 4 grandsons this past weekend! And at least one was getting hurt all weekend! My days just seem to get away from me! Maybe we will catch up soon?

No I didn't. My telephone was out of order from Saturday morning to Monday afternoon. My internet and cable tv was out off and out those same days so I am not surprised if I missed some messages.

You had your hands full with all the grands. We will catch up soon.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
All right Dor! Lucky you to have 2 such great helpers! Let me know when you are ready for bog plants. The sagos are on their way. Hope they do well for you;)

Dor

All right Dor! Lucky you to have 2 such great helpers! Let me know when you are ready for bog plants. The sagos are on their way. Hope they do well for you;)

Thanks, Nancie and Palmettogal.

I will let you know Nancie. Would you like some more Black EE's? I have some pups and since my son is here he can dig them up for me. I think I can dig up some surprises for you too.

He got most of those bricks out of my bog area for me. I will take a picture, then I can get som tips on getting it going.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow
Does he want to take a trip to Maine for a couple of weeks?
Great job and you are so lucky

Bernie

Dor you are as lucky as I am to have a great son who helps out. Mine is my rock. He only lives a mile away so he comes over when ever I need anything done. And he scolds me for not calling when he thinks I should have. He put in some slide out shelves in my kitchen recently and I couldn't be happier with them. He will be putting in a new faucet in the kitchen sink next weekend. I try not to abuse him and I pay him too although he always argues that I don't need to. I supose I don't because I feed him and our grandson at least three times a week.
Don't wear him out. Take some time to just enjoy their company.

Dor

I haven't seen him today Bernie so I guess he decided to take a day off or most likely his better half talked him out of coming today. He will be going back to Arkansas the weekend so I don't know when I will see him again. I would be happy just to sit and talk to him. He learned to keep everything running at the house so I got use to him fixing everything for me. He changed the kitchen faucet a few years ago and it has lasted. I do need to get him to change the washer because it drip only when the water is on. I bought a pendent to go over the sink so that he can move the one there now over the breakfast table. He and I put in the counter top and the wood trim. If he comes back in the next month I will have him install my wood floors.

myfedora

Wow Dor seems like he is a really great son and handy man! My son is a teen so when he does a little he has to take a half hour break. He gets it done sooner or later! He's going to be stripping the paint off the garage doors soon when it warms up some. He paints too sloppy so I will do that.

Dor

That is one thing my son doesn't do too good of a job on Theresa. He is impatient with it. He doesn't do the prep work. If I want a clean and neat paint job I have to do the taping for him first but the sheetrock and repair work, removing the wallpaper he is very good at. In fact my bedroom has some old straw like wallpaper I need to remove and then repair the wall and paint with the texture wallpaper. I had a vanity built and need to paint it and have my son intall a new vanity light in my bathroom and in my bedroom, and a new shower door. I will get it all done by the summer, I hope. Oh yeah and a new ADA height toilet.

swindy

What a good looking son you have Dor and what a blessing that he is so willing to do so much work for you. Can't you talk him into moving back home LOL. Your beds look great. please post some pictures when you get them all planted.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com