My Recycled containers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sunflower3

I 'm recycling my tomato and grape containers, they are now terrariums for which I am starting my Basil seeds in. I lined them with coffee filters to keep the dirt in and so far it's working hope my seeds grow.

Attachments

• all pictures 019.jpg
    all pictures 019.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 424

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A woman after my own heart!
I re-use the same plastic containers!
If it's plastic with a lid, I'll use it!
If I run out I use freezer size ziplock bags to put my sown pots into!

sunflower3

OH! hadn't thought about those ziplock bags, guess I'll wash those with the dishes and give it a try, thanks Ron.

Kya D

I always plant my seeds in 4" pots and put in those cheap chopsticks in the pot then tent them with ziplocks. The chopsticks keep the bag from tipping over

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always plant my seeds in 4" pots and put in those cheap chopsticks in the pot then tent them with ziplocks. The chopsticks keep the bag from tipping over

I just inflate then as I zip them closed!
They stand up on their own!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice thing about ziplocks is that you can use them over and over again. Best to wash them between use and sterilize with some bleach!

KallieLashay

Wow..I dont feel as frugal now. I do the same thing and start flower or veggie seeds in them. I recently put my tomato seedlings in a container that I will give to my sister for her garden. I always get stuck starting seeds for my 2 sisters! Im the green thumb in the family.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com