my rubber tree houseplant??

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Holy_Wood80

hi everyone I'm having a problem with my rubber tree houseplant I got bought back in may, recently it has lost all of its leaves and it has no leaves at all and I think its starting to die and I was wondering if theres a way I can bring it back to life and get it to grow new leaves and also I was wondering if I should cut off the dead parts of the stems? and if I did that will it grow back? the stems also feel kinda soft like their rotting or something

thank you

don't know a heck of alot about the rubber tree...but it sure could not hurt at ths point to do all you mentioned...as it sounds like it is about gone...maybe change the place you have it ...change the soil...

Last edited:
Rubber trees like to dry out between watering. You may be giving it too much water. One of the first signs of over watering is leaf drop. Sean's thought of light would be my second guess. Rubber trees are tropical a like a lot of light. However they don't want hot direct sun, as it will scald the leaves. A southern facing window or an outdoor filtered light situation, weather permitting, is best. If , like me, your days are only about 6 hours of strong light you may want to consider a plant light . I leave my light on from about 5pm till 10 pm. That is in addition to the natural light from the sun. As the days get longer I will eventually abandon the plant light.

If you have met these two critical conditions, maybe you can supply more information that would help us help you. Let us know how it is doing.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back