My veggies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I have seen that glassy-eyed look too, Blue. But I think it was when I was describing how the refrigeration cycle worked. It is sometimes hard to convince people that you can accomplish making air cold by boiling refrigerant.

My bush beans, okra, purple hull peas and cantaloupe are really taken off. They were planted on the 5th of May.

Attachments

• tn_Veggie lasagna gardening 09.JPG
    tn_Veggie lasagna gardening 09.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 271
  • tn_Lasagna Gardening 2009.JPG
    tn_Lasagna Gardening 2009.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 280
That is great Kim. I wish you and everyone here a bountiful harvest. I bought a couple of bush cucumbers today and a hybrid cucumber from Walmart. I have really had a hard time finding them this spring. I am going to plant the bush ones in containers. The lemon cucumbers are the only ones that are doing well in my raised beds.

I can't wait to get my first cucumbers from the garden. But I guess I am going to have to.

Took these last night. Yummy! The lope is a little blurry, that will teach me to take pics without my glasses!

Attachments

• peppers.JPG
    peppers.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 265
  • lope.JPG
    lope.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 271
  • sweet 100's.jpg
    sweet 100's.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 275
Here is a new spin on "Blooming Onions"

Attachments

• blooming onions.JPG
    blooming onions.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC01108_edited.jpg
    DSC01108_edited.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 265
WOW CG you veggies are really growing. My sweet 100's are just getting blooms.

Last edited:
I'm so jelous Crabber, you have toms already!!!! I'm cooking my first cabbage today and picked jalopina peppers yesterday...the first of my garden veggies.

I did have a head start on ya'll. But thank you I am so ready for a great growing season. I will say a garden blessing prayer for you all. I always say if I have enough to meet my needs then I will pass it on to those who do not. So my prayer for you is that your harvest be bountiful.

Gloria glad you are getting something out of the garden. How you liking these cool cool temps?

Oh I am crying this morning! :( We are having a very unseasonalble noreaster. Sustained winds of 32mph and gust to 50. So much rain that all my peppers have laid over. I just came from Lowes where I bought every dowle rod they had, I had just tied my toms up to a fence so some of them are ok. My poor peppers bare rooted themselves trying to get away from the water. My Sunflowers are uprooted as well. Grrrr. I have a dinner date tonight so I won't get home till late which means I will be up in the garden at first light rain or shine. And I am working out of town tomorrow so not sure how much I will be able to get done. :(:(:(:(

SO SO sorry to hear about the northeaster. We are having 20 to 30 mph winds which is not good since we got over an inch of rain Sunday. We staked our tomatoes today to help protect them from the wind. We shall see what happens.

Dale,
I think we are sharing the same system. We won't be clear until late in the week if then. Not sure how much rain we have had but it has been almost 48 hours straight.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back