My veggies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Our garden is so wet don't know when we will be able to hoe the weeds. In the back where we don't normally have a garden is sandy soil and that's where we are going to plant watermelon and cantelopes tomorrow.

I am going to have to plant my watermellons and mushmelons today in the corn of my yard and put up some chicken wire. The yardman used his weedeater on them yesterday even though my son had labeled them. I am not going to tell him. I will just replant them and put up the wire fence. My almanac is not back but my mom said yesterday and today is a good planting days. I have butterbeans and cucumbers I want to plant too and I will be finished with planting for a while.

I am starting some tomatoes, butternut, zuchinni and acorn squash in peats pots to start outside for a late crop. ntingbberam

I bought Lowes out of dowle rods yesterday. After a business dinner I went home and staked my peppers and tomatoes even though they were in cages, they had all fallen over and bare rooted themselves. Not sure it will help but I had to try.
All my seeds I planted this last weekend ( mostly beans) have sprouted but are not in the ground they are floating though the yard. :rolleyes: My corn is laying down too but I had too many to try to stake. I tryied to tie them up using other strudy plants. ( brussel sprouts, collards) but I think I wasted my time. I'm sad:( I hate to see them all die.

Crabbergirl how did your vegetables fair with that northeaster that came to visit.

I looked at my container Jalapena peppers today. They are loaded with blooms and I have one little pepper about 1 1/2 inches long. oohwee

My veggies are coming along even though it is so hot here. My cucumbers and zuchinni doesn't seem to like the heat at all but I keep watering hoping I can save them and get a crop. My bush beans and purple hulls are blooming. I have lots of sweet 100 tomatoes and a few regular romas. I now have baby straight neck squash and baby cucumbers on one plant. My cantaloupe are blooming too. Today I plan to fertilizer everything.

Thought this might be a good place to post this. These are what ripened on my dying plants after all the rain. Not to bad. Yesterday I was out working in the ( or should I say whats left of the garden) garden and I noticed that my tomatoes have tiny leaves coming out from the bottom 6 inches of the stems! Yipee maybe I'll get them to come back. I should have taken some pics of that , maybe tomorrow when I get home I can. I'm so excited that I might not have to replant all my toms! I have gotten 6 spaghetti squash so far. They still look ok.

Attachments

• Dead harvest.JPG
    Dead harvest.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 273
Wow CG I am so happy for you. Your crop looks even better than mine. I sure hope your toms come back.

Thanks Dor, me too. I bought some new peppers this weekend. I didn't want to have them die too so I took a concrete block and turned it so the holes were on top. I filled it 1/2 way with compost , put the plants in each holle and filled in the rest with compost. That makes them above ground level , still in the garden and maybe they won't die if it floods again. We will see how it works when the drought hits. There is no happy medium here with the weather:rolleyes:

I understand fully CG. I hope it works. It is so hot here but still in Hurricane Season. I just hope we don't get another one like last year. Just a little rain now and then would help us.

I have cucumbers in containers and they still seem to be burning up even though I water them every other day and sometimes everyday.

Here's a couple pics from my garden this morning.

Attachments

• tn_speckled butter beans and cucumbers.JPG
    tn_speckled butter beans and cucumbers.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 292
  • tn_okra and bush beans.JPG
    tn_okra and bush beans.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 291
Beautifu Dor. My oler neighbor who is container gardening on her deck has saucers under each bucket and keeps them filled with water and she waters twice a day. Plants look great and she has a ton of fruit. Maybe you need to put something under them to hold water!?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back