My Weekend Project

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
My weekend project took us old people the whole weekend to do. First we removed the grass around the cactus, agava, and yuccas. Then we cut the timbers and fit them, then we covered it with the black ground covering, and then we rocked it. I'm glad we did it cause the grass always dies out in the heat of the summer and weeds come in and it looks awful. Now it should look nice all summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 370

Kya D

Bear that kind of cactus are houseplants here.
I wish we could grow em as garden plants too.
Lyn Great Job

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lyn,
Funny how things take us a little longer.Looks like you did a great job! Congrats on surviving.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool project Lynn!

Bear, you can grow cactus in your area/zone!
There's various species you can grow that are winter hardy to zone 3!
You will need to create a raised bed with mostly sand, but any free draining soil will do!
Check out Park Seed.com
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/0349/

Just ordered 8 pks of seed from them!

Last edited:

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
my prickly pear is thorn less. So I don't have to worry about the kids getting stuck on their way home from school. We are only a half a block from a grade school. I just don't want to have to mow that area. or edge it this summer. Thanks everyone.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com