Mystery Fruit Cocktail Trees

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

I've got 2 of these trees and the only bud grafts remaining are: 1st tree has only a plum leaf and bears smaller purple with a hint of green plums. The 2nd tree is primarily a plum, which I think it resembles a Methley plum (purple stone free skin) and the other remaining branch is definitely an Apricot.

Is there a site or literature somewhere that states the "Types" of bud grafts that are on these trees ? Bought it from DirectGardening.

Directgardening should have that information somewhere. try calling or searching a web site. ;)

Seen that. All they brag about is Peaches, Plums, Apricots and Nectarines, not what kinds.

The first picture, I believe represents a Green Gage plum. The 2nd one is still a mystery, however not sure of the flesh color yet. The skin on the 2nd picture will get a medium purple with light yellow pin sized spots on it.

Attachments

• greengageplum.jpg
    greengageplum.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 383
  • mysteryplum.jpg
    mysteryplum.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 412
Ahhh. Put their customer service dept to work. They should have to disclose that info I would think. Maybe not though. Keep us posted I would like to see if they even know.

A phone call to DirectGardening produced the following: More confusion !

With the plum grafts: 4 possibilities: Stanley, Superior, Methley, & Ozark plums.

It depends on the pictures you find relating to that type. My first picture resembles an Ozark and the other could be a Superior.

They may change the bud grafts every year and confirmed that's a possibility.

Ahhhh! I figured you would get some sort of confusing answer. But at least you have a starting point to find out for sure.
Thanks for posting!

If all else fails maybe your local horticulturist or University Dept of horticulture could answer your question.
The bottom line is cobbler, tasty or not?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back