Need help identifying

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have several of these trees but don't know what they are. The blooms don't last long, it's blooming now. There's no fruit or berries from the blooms. It has inch long, sharp thorns on the limbs. It puts out long roots close to the top of the ground from which new sprouts will grow. It sheds the leaves in the fall. It grows fast and I have one that's about 25 years old and about 40 ft. tall. The last pic is one of a 5 year old tree.

Attachments

• tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 062.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 062.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 297
  • tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 063.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 063.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 283
  • tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 054.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 054.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 279
That's definitely it Kya..thank you, now I know. They're great for fast growing shade trees.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back