Need some help please!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

R

RiverRock

I got a box in the mail today and this was just crazy. I opened the box as usual with the side with the address on it being the TOP. Well then i opened the box all the plants were in pots upside down, the sol was all over the box and the plants were broken up. I know there are a few epies in this, I think also a mother of thousands but I am not even sure what the other one is.
I am posting some pictures, if anyone can help me with some advice on how to give these plants immediate care I would really appreciate it. The epies are pretty soft and limp, i did stick them in some water for now till I know what to do with them. In fact I stuck everything in water..lol

RR

Attachments

• cacti and succulents 004.JPG
    cacti and succulents 004.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 440
  • cacti and succulents 003.JPG
    cacti and succulents 003.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 465
  • cacti and succulents 002.JPG
    cacti and succulents 002.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 450

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Mary just plant them all in some good potting soil and keep the soil moist...they are should be fine...

R

RiverRock

Thanks...does anyone know what the long thick one is? And does anyone want a couple epies I have 9 fo them..lol

RR

R

RiverRock

No I have the burros tail and it has a lot of little "leave" on it that break off very easy and it hangs down. This one is a very rigid thick plant that I am guessing grows upward. I am not sure if it is a succulent or cactus. It has points but not needles.

RR

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
RR,
Not sure what the name is but it is not a starfish flower. I have one someone gave me a cutiing from. Treat it like any cactus, keep it well drained and away from cold. It will continue to grow new arms. You can snap it apart and just stick the broken end in dirt and it will grow a new plant. Eveywhere it touches the ground it will get roots;)

sfishergirl

I love mine it blooms every fall for me. It is a very neat plant and when fingers fall off you just put them in the dirt and they grow

R

RiverRock

Dor I would be happy to send you an epie my friend:) PM me you addy.

Th bloom looks really pretty sfishergirl...does it come in differant colors and rhe bloom is the same or is the bloom differant on differant kinds?

RR

R

RiverRock

I did some more research and this plant goes by a few names..starfish flower cactus, carrion flower and star flower. So all the same, I like it is a neat plant.

RR

R

RiverRock

It really is a neat plant, and it has good diversity in the blooms. Maybe if we have differant ones we can sway cuttings:) Guess we will find ot in the fall. If mine blooms then:)

RR

orchid-lover

Hi there
I think the plant in photo 3 is a form of aporoecactus flagelliformus obviously a young cutting

Hard to make out the other plants but from shape of lead in photo two could be a epiphylum of some kind
Sorry I am not able to hello more

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

orchid-lover

Hi there
I think the plant in photo 3 is a form of aporoecactus flagelliformus obviously a young cutting

Hard to make out the other plants but from shape of lead in photo two could be a epiphylum of some kind
Sorry I am not able to hello more

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com