New Blooms!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Treva

A few New Blooms...

Hardy Red Hibiscus
DSCN6380.png

Eye of Kali
DSCN6347.jpg

Cosmic Dancer
DSCN6346.jpg

DSCN6345.jpg

DSCN6315.jpg

White Texas Star (grown from seed!)
DSCN6385.png

DSCN6258.jpg

DSCN6257.jpg

DSCN6250.jpg

DSCN6239.jpg

Treva

Thank You to all!
I just started with these babies this winter, and I am Loving them!
I get a new suprise everyday! I cant get enough when it comes to Hibiscus! lol

Treva

Thank you Crabbergirl & Dorothy...the pictures dont do them justice!

Here are todays blooms...

todaysblooms.jpg

Rum Rascal
RumRascal2.jpg

Eye of Kali
eyeofkali.jpg

Evangeline
Evangeline.jpg

Treva

THANK YOU Spider Lily I LOVE them all too!!!
Cant get enough! ;-)

Here are yesterdays blooms...

todaysblooms.jpg

Rum Rascal
RumRascal2.jpg

Eye of Kali
eyeofkali.jpg

Evangeline
Evangeline.jpg

To be continued...LOL....

Dor

I really love #3 from the bottom Treva. What is the name and do you have or fews seeds left or better yet where can I buy these seeds.

Treva

Hey Dorothy... are you talking about rum rascal (a cajun hibiscus) the second picture in the second set of pics I posted? She is a Beauty! all of the Cajun Hibiscus I purchased from in a coop at GG from Dupont nursery as seedlings....if it produces seed i will gladly share with you!

Treva

Thank You Kya! I Love them they give me new blooms and a few suprises everyday!
Grand Mariner
DSCN6460.jpg

Stolen Kiss
DSCN6461.jpg

Trax

Treva,
Those are awesome! I especially love 1, 2, and the last one in your first post! All we have right now is a hardy white hibiscus that's about 5 feet tall. This is the 3rd year and 2 new plants popped up near the main bush! But I definitely plan on finding some more different kinds next spring. Hibiscus is one of my fave flowers, especially reds, oranges, and yellows! :D You've done a great job with yours!

Treva

Thank You Trax!
Hibiscus is my FAVORITE Plant of ALL!
I have seed for the red texas star, white texas star, red hardy, white/red throat, and large pink! They are all hardy!! I could share them with you for postage...just let me know if you want some?

Trax

Wow, Treva! That's such an awesome offer... How should I say this, well, maybe...
YES!! THANX!! MAY ALL YOUR DUCKS LAY GOLDEN EGGS!!
If I ever have anything you want, just let me know! :)
Just PM and let me know how much and where to send the postage money!
Gawd, you are SWEET! :D

Treva

Your funny Trax!
PM me your address and I will send them, you can just return the postage, it wont be much?
Or.... do you have any banana seed??
I have alot of seed if you want to check out my trade list before I mail to you??
Just let me know and I will get the seed out this week!

Trax

Thanks Treva! :) PM sent! I included a list of some of the things I have. If there's anything you want just let me know! This is one of my fave flowers. It originally grew only on the southwestern cape of Africa but it can grow even in zone 5 here! It's called Amaryllis belladonna. It puts up a thick bunch of tall leaves in spring, then they die back and in mid-summer it sends up flowers on 18 inch stalks with no leaves:

picture.php

If you would like some, I can send you some bulbs. The bulbs are white, round, and about the size of golf balls. Here's some more info:
http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantab/amarylbella.htm
I like swapping plants! :)

Maggie

They are just beautiful Treva. I love the Rum Rascal and Grand Mariner. Heck I love them all. I couldn't pick one and say it's my favorite. The colors are so different from what I've seen around here. I wonder if they would be perennials in zone 6. I have the red Texas Star and hoping to get some of the white seed this fall. Thank you for sharing such beautiful blooms.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com