New Flower Bed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Today has been a beautiful day 82 degree's today.I went out around 10am.I cleaned 2 small flowerbed's and sowed a few seed.Then I felt froggy and started a large new bed.I have it almost ready to sow my seed.A good project for tomorrow.I bought a large box of wildflower seed.Going to sow them in the new bed.Here's a few things in the box

Blue Flax, Nasturtium , Baby's Breath, 4-0clocks, Drawf Cornflower, Cosmos,

Californian Poppy, Sweet William, Candytuft, Evening Primrose, Coreopsis,

Wallflower, Blackeyed Susan, Calendula, Scarlet Flax, Corn Poppy, Catchfly,

Plains Coreopsis.

I don,t know what several of these are will have to google later.

Kya D

That is a really good mix of perennials and annuals.
It should be beautiful when it is in bloom

Kya D

YUP you are so right, sometimes you hurt in places where you didn't even know you had places.

Spider_Lily

I was out early today sowing a few more seed.I sowed HolleyHock's, Cosmo's,
(California Gaint Mix Zinnia's,made a large bed of these.)Larkspur mixed,Crackerjack Marigold's mixed,coneflower,touch-me-not's,.Transplanted 2 Gardenia's ,1 rose,and a tiny cedar tree.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow you sure have been busy SL. I still have snow on the ground. Itching to play in the dirt. Bought my seed starting mix today and some more seeds. I have to play inside for another month or so. Can't plant seedlings until Memorial here. Hope to be able to plant some peas in my 1/2 oak barrrels by the end of the month, garden will be too wet to plant in it. Will be lucky for it to dry out by June with all this snow.
Can't wait to see pics when your gardens are in bloom

Bernie

Good heavens Kay you have been busy. Sounds like you will have a beautiful bed. Can't wait to see pics.
I am aching to get out and play in the dirt. Mother Nature has been teasing us. One day it rains like crazy the next it couldn’t be more beautiful but to wet to garden. This week are in the low thirties again with high winds so the wind chill is BURRRR. They are even saying the S word again. In March! Here! That’s just not right. I have a feeling it’s going to be one of those years were we have about five minuets of spring then go right into 100* summer temps. Aw the joys of living in the PNW. Better then being buried under snow for months I guess.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com