New from Oklahoma

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

jade_dragon71

Hi, my name is Melanie and I'm new here. I live in the Oklahoma Panhandle and enjoy all types of flowers and have a small garden planted with tomatoes, hot peppers, and a few onions. I call it my "salsa garden".

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good morning, Miss Melanie. I too am an Okie, but moved from southern Oklahoma in 1936. You probably don't remember that though. LOL My mother and father were both born in the same small town that I was (and my sister). My Dad was born in 1903 when it was still Indian Territory. My mother was born in 1907 and Oklahoma was a state by then.

Kya D

Hey there girl here's a big WELCOME to you. We already have a Jade on this site so maybe I will call you dragon maybe JD

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Melanie from the northeast the great state of Maine, where the weather can go from 95+° to 50° in less than 24 hrs,

GardenBear1

Welcome Melanie, I too am from the Northeast just a little south from Mainegal in Massachusetts, I know your going to like it here,so jump in and enjoy

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Melanie I'm from Texas but lived just north of the Ok panhandle most of my life. So know you understand hot weather and cold weather. Down here we only have hot weather and a cold day or two in Feb.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com