New Here!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

StonyHawk

Hey all! Im pretty new around here. Im from MA and here to learn some tips about gardening and get some ideas. I recently cleaned out at 75'x30' section of my hard that was all leaves and small trees and plan on doing some gardening with it. Not sure yet, theres a few Oak and White Pine trees left around the area, but I really want to try putting in pond or water garden of some sort. Anyways I thought I would introduce myself a little bit and got a bit carried away haha.

Hi and welcome to the forums Stoney. Ponds are so pretty and add so much to a landscape. Hope you'll keep us updated on your progress and by all means feel free to post pictures.

Welcome Welcome!!!!!!!
Sure am glad to have you join us.
New gardens are so much work and so much fun.
I don't have a water feature/ pond but I really like the idea.

The best advice I can give you is to start small, then gradually add more gardens! Eventually you will have it the way your want it!
I like using the 5 year plan!
I tend to create what I want in my head, but doing rough diagrams would really help if you are more of the visual type!
These days xericscaping is the way to go! It is the use of plants that are drought tolerant! You will be amazed at the species that are available!
The more I research to more I find! Most of the plants I use in my gardens are started from seed since it is difficult to track down a nursery, or garden centre, that carries the perennial species, and cultivars that I want!
Which zone do you live in?

Welcome StonyHawk, its nice to meet some one else from Ma. I'm on the west side of the state, I know you will enjoy it here and every one likes to help out. I added a small pond a few back and really enjoy it and its not much work kind of takes care of its self.

Hi Stonyhawk! Glad you found us. My son lived in Ma for about 4 years and he loved the area and landscaping. I agree with Ron that starting out small is the key. Study before you buy and plant or place. It will save you a lot of do overs. Take if from someone who sometimed dosen't spend as much time as she should planning;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back