New one

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Carolyn Ellis

Just had 2 more of those funny looking mushrooms come up in the yard. One is about 8" across and the other probably 6". I still haven't come up with what they are except good conversation pieces. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I have been on the internet and didn't find anything like these.
Thanks guys.
Carolyn

Hello Carolyn and Welcoem to the place...DO oyu have a picture of the mushrooms that are coming up in your yard?...that would be helpful in ID'ing them for you. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Carolyn,
Do they look like these mushrooms?
http://www.americanmushrooms.com/taxa/Gyrodon_meruliodes_04.htm

If these are the ones let me tell you what happened to us. They usually appear after a hard rain and the extension service said that if there are any decaying roots underground they will appear. We usually harvest them in grocery sacks and discard them. Otherwise the tops become a brownish liquid after they sit for awhile and become slippery while walking on the lawn. Don't throw them into a trash can because they will eat the bottom right out and stain whatever they sit upon.

Welcome to the forum too!

We've had a lot of rain lately and I have loads of mushrooms growing in my yard too. Most are small but it's not unusual to see big ones. Sorry I can't be of any help to ID them but glad to have you join us Carolyn. Welcome aboard.

we have also had alot of rain and Im seeing them too popping up on the lawns, but I wouldnt take the chance.....

welcome to the group!!!

We have shrooms come up like that but it is usually where there is a rooting stump under ground. Let us know if you figure it out.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back