New Recipe Section

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a lot of interest in recipes from our members?

Years ago I thought about starting a garden recipe sight, but couldn't find much interest. The recipe area here doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I don't know if there's not much interest, or folks just don't know it's here.

I have the technical skills, but I'm no cook. (My Favorite garden recipe is for corn on the cob....) So I'd need everyone to pitch in an post their faves.

Anyone interested in trying to get the recipe section more active?

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is one of my favorite threads, Bob. It does run hot and cold though.

Bluewolf

We have a recipe thread?????

I have been posting a few recipes as well as asking about a few
guess I better look harder huh?;)

Duh..I guess I was in the right neighborhood ta begin with!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
We have a whole category for recipes. If there's enough interest, I'll build a whole website for garden recipes. :)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Would it help to create an entire recipe section, and have sub-categories like Main Dish, Side Dish, Salads, Dessert? I can do that...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm?
I think...sometimes too much...that simple is best!
Now we just need.... everyone else ....think about it!
Don't you just love introverts?

Kya D

I like the sub catagory idea that way when you want to make a recipe that you know is in the recipe thread then it would be easier to find. IMHO

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really care how we do recipes but I think they have a spot here. I like healthy recipes because that is what I eat but not everyone is me.

Bluewolf

Would it help to create an entire recipe section, and have sub-categories like Main Dish, Side Dish, Salads, Dessert? I can do that...

I think that would be a good idea..since most cookbooks are divided up that way..(unless they are a specilized book);)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a lot of interest in recipes from our members?

Years ago I thought about starting a garden recipe sight, but couldn't find much interest. The recipe area here doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I don't know if there's not much interest, or folks just don't know it's here.

I have the technical skills, but I'm no cook. (My Favorite garden recipe is for corn on the cob....) So I'd need everyone to pitch in an post their faves.

Anyone interested in trying to get the recipe section more active?

Sometimes we end up just posting within a current thread. Funny , recipes seem to be asked for when we are talking about a veggie and they just pop up. I will try to start using the recipe forum more ;)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've decided to give the recipes forum a try. I think that having a place to post them, and a way to easily organize them will help encourage folks. I saw too many folks saying "What? We have a recipe section?" :)

So I've create a recipe forum, with subsections for each major category. I kept thinsg general, you could go crazy, dividing it up into Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetarian, ect, etc. I just went with the main ones, to try and have some organization while still keeping it simple. I'm open for suggestions and ideas.

Kya D

This time with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I look at the recipe thread for new ideas for things to cook/bake

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'd also like to ask for everyone's help. In order to make the new category a success, we need lots of recipes. That's where you come in.

I've submitted two of my own:
1) Microwave until hot...
2) Honey, what's for dinner?

Those two were rejected. Ok, I do actually cook a little, but nothing fancy enough to claim to have any of my own recipers. I know the rest of you do though, and if everyone posts their favorites, we'll have a great resource going in no time!

Kya D

Bob I wouldn't have rejected them I think they're great. Especially "Honey what's for dinner"

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I've set things up and put up a nice big promo for the new section.

Now it's up to the members. If everyone pitches in and posts some recipes, we'll have a wonderful resource here!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I can move them here. If you know of recipes someplace else here on the site, shoot me a link and I'll copy them to the new section!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com