Newbie from Indianapolis!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardeningKitteh

Hi everyone! My name is Leela and I'm new to the forums. I'm a huge fan of gardening and I'm actually about to start up my own garden very soon. However, my biggest debate as of right now is whether I want a flower garden or a vegetable garden. I still haven't decided.

Anyway, it's great to be here. Hope to meet all of you soon! :)

Kya D

Hi there Leela it's great to have you here with us.
As to the veggie or flower garden I would plant a veggie garden and plant marigolds in with the veggies. I always plant marigolds in my veggie garden cuz they are supposed to keep out some of the bugs. I guess they don't like the smell??????
Maybe it doesn't help but I still like the marigolds.
Again WELCOME

Dor

Welcome and hello Leela. It is nice to have you here with us. I started out with flowers and for the last three years I have had veggies. Each year I have learned more so I have added more. I have seed pictures in some of my books where flowers are grown in with the vegetables. I grow marigolds with mine but these had lots of flowers with the veggies.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I see a beautiful garden of flowers I really do appreciate them, but here I leave the flowers to my daughter and she pretty well leaves the vegetables to me. The vegetable garden is about 150 feet from the house so it doesn't interfere with any flower efforts.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Leela,
You can actually as Kya said too, incorporate both and even make your herb bed a fowering herb garden. Glad you joined us. Keep us posted on what you come up with as your gaden feature;)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to our forum Leela!
Nice to see that you jumped right in!

I'd do the flower garden first!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com