Next Years Garden Seedlings

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

Anyone know a good place to get seedling trays & pots for garden vegetables that doesn't affect the pocketbook much ?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I have been geeting old backing pans at yard sales and thrift stores...and then using yogut cups ..sour cream containers and such...has saved me bunches of $$$

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
No ...but that is a good idea also...junk stores...Like Goodwill ..vets have them also ...here they are called Purple Heart Store...SPCA also run them

Maggie

There is a site called Summit that you can log onto and get all kinds of samples free. I have severals boxes of trays and pots in different size that I have ordered. Someone posted it on here once before but I can't remember who it was.

sunflower3

I get mine from family & friends who buy plants they just throw them away, also maybe you garbage man might save them for you, they just throw them away other anyways as they can't be recycled at least they don't here. Yard sale here always have them in free piles too. any thing that you can put a drain hole in will work from cups to coffee cans, even cool whip dishes work.

Blueaussi

I use 9 and 16 oz plastic cups from Walmart if I don't have enough freebies. Just punch a hole in the bottom and away you go.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put a sign out and ppl dropped them off to me. I have hundreds of 4" pots now so when I spilt my garden I can sell the plants and also lots of other sizes and 6 and 8 packs to start seedlings in.

Maggie

Flowers this is the site. After you get the site click on samples. I have boxes of pots, trays and markers.
Summit!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com