Oh deer!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

IronKnees

Ventured out into the sticks this morning awash in mosquito repellent, and was rewarded with 47 pictures... Here are but a few... The first four are at Carolyn's and the last one is in another woods.. In the second picture, notice how well you can see the udder... Dave

Attachments

• ellisbuck.jpg
    ellisbuck.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 322
  • Woodpile 007aaaa.jpg
    Woodpile 007aaaa.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Woodpile 011aaaa.jpg
    Woodpile 011aaaa.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Woodpile 006aaaa.jpg
    Woodpile 006aaaa.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 293
  • lateJuneSmiths1.jpg
    lateJuneSmiths1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice pics, please keep them in your neck of the woods, I have plenty here, the other night I heard them snorting as they were in my yard while I was trying to get to sleep

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy them too. I haven't hunted for a lot of years now, but I sure do enjoy seeing the wildlife whether it be deer or owls and everything in between.

IronKnees

I've got three of my six cameras in the woods right now and should have fawn pictures any time now... It will be a week though before I check them again... Dave

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
My hubby has set a camera out a few times but his doesn't take pics clear enough to post and he usually sets it on video. I think the cutest he got was a racoon checking the camera out! There was nothing and then this little masked bandit raised his eyes up to the camera.
Can't wait to see the fawn Dave.

Bernie

As always I love seeing your pictures. TFS DAVE! Never see wild life in my yard. I'm not sure how I'd deal with them doing damage in my garden but you can bet I'd work hard to find a way to live with them if they visited. I'm looking forward to the fawns as well.

IronKnees

Some new pics

Just a few new pictures that you may not have seen yet... I will be checking my cameras first of the week and probably will have more to post... Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them...

ellisbuckaaaa.jpg

July09fawnsandbucks%20024upload.jpg

July13%20154aaaaUPLOAD.jpg

July13%20155aaaaupload.jpg

July09fawnsandbucks%20026upload.jpg

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh my gosh..just beautiful!! There's velvet on those buck's antlers! Looks like they have a few ticks too. Ticks are really bad this season. You have a really nice camera to get all those details. Love the pics of Moma and baby Bambi.
Thanks for sharing the pics

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great shots, Dave. I saw a deer run across the road ahead of me this morning when I went to breakfast. It is a busy highway, but traffic slowed and allowed a safe crossing.

PRH

Always was impressed by seeing your pics and these just go right along with the bunch you've shared with us all too! ( very nice,but keep them over in your neck of the woods,I don't need anymore damage by wild life ) :p

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
You got a good laugh out of me, Dave. Normally my wife is with me when we make that trek across the mountain. But she had a baby shower to go to so was in a separate car. When she is with me she will often take her camera from her purse as we see deer often under some apple trees along the road. What she hasn't figured out yet though is that the deer will be there when the apples are ripe or ready to fall.

Kya D

Dave I saw my 1st doe and spotted fawn (this year) today. She was with another doe and a young buck

gardenplanters

Nice pics,
I think the cutest he got was a racoon checking the camera out! There was nothing and then this little masked bandit raised his eyes up to the camera.

IronKnees

Dave I saw my 1st doe and spotted fawn (this year) today. She was with another doe and a young buck

You know, most hunters just use the cameras to scout the area, but to me, there is nothing more full of wonder on this earth than to see a spotted fawn, carefully watched by it's mother as it learns and grows... Dave

IronKnees

Here are some I pulled on Monday...

Attachments

• July 20 2009 004aaaaFawnsUPLOAD.jpg
    July 20 2009 004aaaaFawnsUPLOAD.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 270
  • July 20 2009 001aaaaFawnUPLOAD.jpg
    July 20 2009 001aaaaFawnUPLOAD.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 290
  • July 20 2009 006Fawns.jpg
    July 20 2009 006Fawns.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 291
  • July 20 2009 025aaaaBuckUpload.jpg
    July 20 2009 025aaaaBuckUpload.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 289

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com