Oleanders ok to burn?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

Part of my spring cleaning is pruning away years and years of oleander growth near our driveway (a safety issue as well).

It will take weeks and weeks to fit them into the space left in our trash can. Are oleanders ok to burn? I would prefer that, as it would be quicker, and not leave me with piles that take a few months to reduce.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are oleanders ok to burn?

Good question Paul! Maybe someone knows that answer! Our forum is up and running again and members are returning!
I do know that Oleanders need to be handled with care as some people react to the white sap.

abbyrain

I heard that the fume from burning Oleanders is poisonous. Aside from that, the seed pods are poisonous to dogs if eaten.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com