Onion Sets arrived today!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kchar

The Texas Supersweet onion sets I ordered from Burpee arrived today, so I'll get those planted this weekend. I really miss not having these guys in the winter (we don't have a basement or garage I can store vegetables in, and I don't like to freeze the onions) Ahhh, Spring, ya gotta love it!

~Kimberly

I got 300 Walla Walla onions to put in yesterday...have no room for them all btu will enjoy what I can
Hey Randy you need any?

Goodness girl did you need an onion or two.Sound's like a back breaking job to plant all those.I have an onion my uncle gave me a few years ago it's called guinea nest.It never dies back but makes a tiny clump on onion's on top then you can pick those for new plants or cook with them.

LOL yes it would be...I was given the onions yesterday...we will put in maybe 100 to 150 ...I gave away 100 today to my coffee people...
yours sounds like what they call bunching onions...they are great because as you say they never die,,,I want to put some in here coms fall..

My next door neighbor has the red onions that she will share with me and I bought the yellow ones and I will share with her so we will have bunches of onions.

Gotta love gardening buddies eh? I am going to put in a grape tomato plant this year and I will never be able to eat nearly all of them, but another tranferee wants to take any extras off my hands.

No, Deb, I haven't planted onions for a long time. We use a fair amount of them, but when I had onions available, the women kept buying them from the market anyway.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back