our new container garden

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sbp

This year we decided to create a container gardern...
Years ago we had a rather large garden full of veggies and some fruits....then the family grew and time was limited for gardening :(
and the deer found out where we lived :)

So we thought a container garden on the deck might just be the best way to have a garden again (this time mostly herbs)

Here are a couple pics .... we mixed a few marigolds and a geranium in with the tomato and strawberry plants, and then there is roemary, mint, parsely, oregano and basil....the lavender is now in the garden, and the lettuce is in a separate container...
here are a couple pics....

containergarden1.jpg

containergarden3.jpg

Spider_Lily

Nice Susan love your petunia's.You have a nice container garden going on there.And Welcome to GF glad to have a new friend.:)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great looking stuff Susan. The great thing about container gardening is that as the season ends you can prolong it by taking the containers inside. Just keep them in a southern exposure window and make sure to mist as well as water them. Indoor conditions really dry them out;)

jbaby7162000

Container Gardens needs more water

I like to container garden to bnut ive found out ,u hqave to wter more, in the hot days but i still do it to,last year i foudn and old bath tub and grow mator and lettuce and pepper sin it but i had to just about watr it everyday when it was so hot,but your plants i love3 ,very nice pink petunia.i love herb gardens to my hunny justy plaqnted a rosemary in the garden and it smells so good.

samuelbeckett

For many who are challenged with space and lifestyle,container gardening for flowers, shrubs, vegetables and herbs provides the perfect platform to get the creative juices flowing.I have seen many of you post about growing plants in containers, so I hope to try the same.
9716---base_image_4.1424268032.jpg

Artificial Grass suppliers

emilyblunt249

If you don’t have a good garden spot in your yard, why not grow some vegetables and herbs using container gardeningThe most personal way to forge a connection with delicious food crops — from arugula to tomatoes — is to grow them up close in containers. Special methods are needed to produce high-quality food crops in containers, because most vegetables and herbs grow best when planted in the ground. Stable soil temperatures and constant access to water, nutrients and microscopic soil allies give in-ground crops a clear advantage.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com