Out Door Grilling

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I loved cooking with charcoal myself.....but my friend bought me a gas grill, so it was faster ........I used apple wood also........nothing better than smoked salmon or smoked ribs......this thread is making me so hungary.....that now I have to have something to eat.......

Well, Miss Laurie, the next time you come out, we will have ribs. I got the recipe from FlowerGirl on GH and it really is a winner. I had never heard of cooking the ribs first in the oven, then grilling them before she told me about it. But a few days ago, I saw Emeril do a rib recipe like that the other day. His comment was that people put the BBQ sauce on too soon and burn it, rather than put it on toward the end of grilling, thus keeping it from being burned.

Roe what kind of wood do you use and do you use it green (fresh cut) or dried? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dale
I use mostly apple wood or cherry, not fresh cut. I also use that in my fireplace.

Thanks Roe we have a lot of cherry wood here. Thanks I will have to try it.

It's a beautiful day today 78 degree's.We grilled some burger's and rib's
made some baked potato's,baked bean's, coleslaw.Ate way to much.:)

Well, Miss Laurie, the next time you come out, we will have ribs. I got the recipe from FlowerGirl on GH and it really is a winner. I had never heard of cooking the ribs first in the oven, then grilling them before she told me about it. But a few days ago, I saw Emeril do a rib recipe like that the other day. His comment was that people put the BBQ sauce on too soon and burn it, rather than put it on toward the end of grilling, thus keeping it from being burned.

Randy you are on!!!! I'll be out sometime, maybe can shoot for next yr.
That is probably right, most ppl do put the sauce on to soon. I know I always did and it did burn...lol

Spider you are making me hungry.
Going to my mom's for dinner tonight for fresh steamed clams and home made clam cakes. YUMMY!!!

I loved cooking with charcoal myself.....but my friend bought me a gas grill, so it was faster ........I used apple wood also........nothing better than smoked salmon or smoked ribs......this thread is making me so hungary.....that now I have to have something to eat.......

:DGreat minds think alike my dear...;)

This is how Mike grills his also...and now thanks to you and emeril I will have to say he was right ...OH I hate when that happens...LOL

Blueberry Cobbler

I made that recipe I saw on the Food Network a couple of weeks ago. It looks pretty much like what I saw on TV and it does taste good. Ice cream or whipped cream could be used as a topping if you wish.

Attachments

• Blueberry Cobbler_0443a.JPG
    Blueberry Cobbler_0443a.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 358
  • Blueberry Cobbler_0444a.JPG
    Blueberry Cobbler_0444a.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 350
Randy thats looks really good... I am doing peach cobbler today..
What sort of flavor does the eucalyptus have John?
I love marinated meats, garlic shrimp on skewers... Yummy! Along with onion, green/red/yellow bell pepper, mushrooms
I have fire pits that I cook on, smoker, charcoal grill, propane grill.. I cook on those throughout the year.. for burgers i like the charcoal grill. for my ribs and chicken I like the smoker or fire pit...never put sauce on till last minutes of cooking...always start with bone down ...when it starts to split apart I start turning them.. meat doesn't start cooking til the bone is hot... as for the wood I use...its apple, wild cherry, sassafras, and definitely hickory....Which every flavor I want... I soak that wood in water for at least 24 hours so it will smoke and not burn up...
Peggy

Randy that is a good looking cobbler!!! That would have made my lunch perfect yesterday.

We grilled fish last night. It was great. We use our gas grill as well as a fire pit we have. I like the fire best but after a long days work nobody wants to build a fire just to get a bite to eat:p

Randy
The cobbler looks yummy, could you please send me a pice over email....Thanks

I'm gonna make you come and get it, Laurie. LOL Debe is going to stop by on Thursday though and I will make sure she and Phillip have some when they are here. I can't seem to leave a recipe alone, so I will post the modified version.

I love ribs and chicken on the grill most of all. Prefer charcoal, use propane these days. No sauce until the very end, but I do baste with a mixture of vinegar and pepper until I'm ready to add the sauce. I just like that balance between sweet and tangy.

I make a sauce that I baste my meat with containing vinegar, lemon juice, liquid smoke, onions, little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I prefer my meat without sauce but if my kids want sauce I put a little towards the end of cooking. I've learned the hard way it will burn if put on too soon.

I only like the sauce on meat when it is baked in. And I don't like commercial sauce at all. Never taste the way you expect.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back