Parsley dark moss curled

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

R

RiverRock

I have a little package of seeds that has this on it "parsley dark moss curled" and I am wondering if that is the parsley for eating/cooking? Something that says moss I have to wonder..lol

RR

sunflower3

Parsley - Moss Curled
Bushy plants with curly style leaves.
Compact plants have finely cut and curled leaves.
Use as flavoring or garnish.
You can eat it, it's great in tossed salad, and for cooking with.

R

RiverRock

Yipeee:D I was hoping it was a good parsley! Thanks Karen.

RR

Kya D

Yup curly parsley is great for eating and cooking. I also dehydrate it to use in the winter.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have some growing right now. I just made Tabhouli this weekend and it's gone already. Well except for what I brought for lunch.

R

RiverRock

Aparently my parsley seed was not any good none of it came up.

RR

R

RiverRock

no I only had a little bit to begin with..but there is no sign at all of it sprouting. its been 2 weeks since I planted the seeds.

RR

R

RiverRock

yep its just the way it goes, I will get some fresh seed soon and try it again.

RR

R

RiverRock

Oh thank you so much Karen! See I didnt know that, I will have to try again when I can get more seed, I did it wrong this time.

RR

Bernie

I have some growing right now. I just made Tabhouli this weekend and it's gone already. Well except for what I brought for lunch.

CG is that a salad? I've never heard of it before.

RR I can't open Sunflower's link so I don't know what it says. My mother always said to just sprinkle the seeds on top of the soil and walk away. I only did it once because I let it go to seed and self seed. I pull up the ones I don’t want like weeds. One year I transplanted the little ones so I had a little hedge of them edging my flower garden. It looked awesome, sort of like one of those fancy box edging you see in English gardens. I think I’ll do it again. Mine haven’t started to come up yet. They stay nice for one year then the second year they get gangly as they go to seed. Usually dies after it goes to seed.
I also dry it. My when my granddaughters lived with me they refused to eat veggies so I put dried parsley in everything just to get some vitamins in them. They are on their own now but I still put it in all my dishes. I like the curly one because it’s so pretty in the garden compared to the flat leaf parsley and I don’t really notice the difference in taste.

R

RiverRock

well I will keep watering it and see how it goes but the seeds were old also so not sure. I am going to try to find some fresher seeds I think. I love the idea of using as a boarder that sounds so pretty.

RR

Bernie

RR I have a plant that still has seeds on it. PM me your address and I'll send you some. If they don't grow I'll send you some seedlings when mine come up.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com