Peach Spots

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

I have 3 peach trees: Golden Jubilee, Elberta and Hale Haven. The later two have peaches the size of golf balls. Also they appear to have black dots on them. Is this another fungus or mold ?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It certainly wont hurt if used according to the directions! <--had to throw this in because we tend to get heavy handed with treatment ratios! I know I do at times....when I do have to resort to extra-ordinary means to control pest issues that arise!

GPM

I'll have to be careful to mix properly. Seems like I can spray the trees late fall after the leaves fall and after the fruit trees flower for the bees. Didn't say how long the oil stays on the leaves though. Any estimated guess ?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A certain amount will more then likely stay on the foliage since it is an oil! It will naturally break down over time since it is an organic oil! This is just a guess! How long it takes to decay would have to be tested in a lab on test plants! Outdoors it would depend on rainfall and solar decay and other environmental factors!
Have to work in when the fungi/bacteria starts it cycle...you can look that up....so you can spray at the right time for the best results! I'll let you do the research on that!
You can always contact your local agricultural extension office, they should know!

Bradeen

I am agree with the members these black spots may be due to bacteria.I think you need not to much worried
about it and get advice from an expert of this field which is better for you.

GardenGem

I had the same problem and it was not a fungus or mold. It was a soil problem. I had to remove my plants and recondition the soil with sandy loam and had much better results after that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com