Peach Trees

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

My peach trees are full this year and so pretty, but I have noticed a clear jelly like substance growing on them. What is this and what can I do about it. I sure would hate to lose them. This is the first year that they have (so it seems) to have a bumper crop. I was so thrilled. I am still hoping to have lots of peaches.

richnkim

I'm not an expert by any means but my dad had peach trees that did that. If I remember right it was a bore worm. He sprayed the trees with something I don't remember what though. Someone else may know something different.

Maggie

richnkim, the jelly-like substance is on the peaches not the tree. I checked all the way down the trunk to the base of the tree and it looks fine. I couldn't find anything on the tree itself.
Thanks for the site Ron. Good info on peach tree bores.

kyle82

wow.. i love peaches.. do they grow big>??? me and my wife are planning to grow a peach tree in our backyard and yes, as you did, id like to grow more of these coz im crazy about it... hehe.. well, let's discuss a little more about it the next time il be here guys.. :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com