Peony Tree bloom

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

myfedora

Here is my big white Peony Tree. It survived the rain and the wind.

Attachments

• whitepeony.jpg
    whitepeony.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 311
  • whitepeony1.jpg
    whitepeony1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 290

Jade

Isn't she just a beauty!! Mine is all budded up...last year one bloom, this year I counted 8 buds. I am psyched.

palmettogal

Gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL. And here I was all happy about my 3 peony blooms. Oops... gotta get a kleenex. I'm drooling.

Spider_Lily

That is a beauty.I bought a small one on sale this Spring but it didn't make it.
I guess I'm a Peony murder.

myfedora

I want one, wonder if they will do good in zone 5 in Maine
Thanks for sharing
Yes they are good for zone 5. I am in zone 5. Just Mulch good around it come fall. I like peony but the peony tree is better I think. They don't fall over like the regular peony's.

Melissa

That is gorgeous. I bought a yellow one this year...have wanted a yellow peony forever but they are too pricey...I found this yellow peony tree at a local greenhouse and it was very affordable....wonder why the peonies cost so much more than the peony trees...seems kind of backwards to me...I asked the lady at the greenhouse if they would be getting any yellow peonies in and even they can't get a yellow peonies root for less than $200...craziness!!!

Gardengoddess

Just lovely and it stood up to the wind, impressive. I'm always on the look out for plants that will stand up to the wind. Goodness we get our share here in IA lol!

Dora/Garden Goddess

Jade

Hubby wanted to prune our "tree" this year...I did some research and NO NO NO, don't ever prune the boy. He has 3 blooms open right now and is yellow. We found an abandoned camera while sightseeing, it is not an expensive, until I get my canon powershot back in working order I will take some pictures with that one. Maybe I can post some pictures later on today.

myfedora

My yellow Peony Tree bloomed today!!! I just planted it last month!

Attachments

• YPT.jpg
    YPT.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 309

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com