Pests Galore

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

saibaba75

here in india the temp is around 100 f, dry ,no direct sun all plants are in pots of a very large size, good drainage soils is nutrient rich
photo 1: it shows the ravages of ants, have eliminated them, is this savable.....
photo2: can anyone identify this vine /creeper, leaf is very soft, grows tall, branches are angular and delicate .....
photo 3: after repelling the attack of leaf miners this started to appear, can some one shed light on what it is....
photo 4: there are a zillion of these they fly among the lower leaves close to the soil should i be concerned ?....... .
have used macacide -50 for the miners substantially dilluted and seemed to work although they have returned in small amounts.....coffee grounds in the soil for the ants and neem oil on the leaves and branches ....discovered what seems to be white fly or mildew under the leaves and in new shoots, used neem on some plants and the macacide 50 on a couple of the more hardy plants .......everything used is only because they are the only things available ...........should i change plants to something less labor intensive seems to be getting worse.......
( jasmine was first choice but no direct sun available is there something similar, aroma, that will take indirect sun) planted to have something that will grow up on the walls and around the doors not opposed to something else more resistant to infestations that would sustain the conditions first mentioned ....am getting very frustrated with all the obstacles involved for what i have .......any help .....thank you .....

Attachments

• pests galore 1 .jpg
    pests galore 1 .jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 359
  • pests galore 2 .jpg
    pests galore 2 .jpg
    80 KB · Views: 351
  • pests galore 3.jpg
    pests galore 3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 348
  • pests galore 4 .jpg
    pests galore 4 .jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Saibaba.
Picture number 1; looks totally salvageable. TLC and making sure the infestation is gone are key.
Picture 2; looks a lot like bleeding heart vine. Does it flower?
Picture 4; Whitefly
I went to look for organic control and I found this webpage. Scroll down to Mechanical Control. There is information on making a homemade trap.
http://extension.missouri.edu/p/g7275
Hope this helps!

saibaba75

crabbergirl
thanks for the info ....no it has no flower is extremely soft and the bugs just love the soft cellulose .......the only thing available here in the way of pesticide is methyl parathion .....ill look up the home made trap and see if that works....i cant figure out if its the plant -the climate zone the weather or just india ....but this is becoming an up hill battle ..... thanks again
all love and blessings
dennis

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com