Pistachio Cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 Duncan Hines cake mix (white or yellow)
2 pkgs. instant pistachio pudding
1/2 c.oil
1/2 c. milk
5 eggs

Beat cake mix, pudding mix, oil and milk. Add eggs one at a time. Pour batter in greased and floured 10 inch tube cake pan. Bake 350 1 hour. Cool and remove from pan. Let cool completely before icing cake.

Frosting

1 instant pistachio pudding
1 1/2 c. milk
1 small container of Cool Whip or 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream whipped

Mix pudding and milk. Fold in Cool Whip or whipped heavy cream.

Frost cake with frosting.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dawn i have a great old timey cake recipe that uses 10 eggs if you want me to post. It will probably be the first of the week since my time is limited getting ready to leave out early Thursday morning, returning on Sunday. I even cut back on alot of the sugar in the cake and can't tell it.

Sunshine2638

Dale

Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe. I will surely have to try this one. As I have never made this kind of cake before. Sounds heavenly to me tho.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Dawn i have a great old timey cake recipe that uses 10 eggs if you want me to post. It will probably be the first of the week since my time is limited getting ready to leave out early Thursday morning, returning on Sunday. I even cut back on alot of the sugar in the cake and can't tell it.

I am not Dawn ...but would love that recipe when you have the time...

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will probably be Monday when I post that pound cake recipe. You use 10 eggs and no milk. Leaving to go out of town early AM Thursday and haven't finished packing yet.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how much relaxing I will get to do. Some meetings and we are going to be doing a community service Katrina project while we are in New Orleans (can't even imagine what that will be).

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotta try that recipe!
Thanks Dale!
I tend to do most of the cooking and baking in this house, and I'm always looking out for something new and different!
Have a super trip!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great recipes Dale. I'm glad you are taking care of the recipe forum, you have some of the best recipes.
Take pics while you're on your trip, we'll miss you, but have a great time and hurry back.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we get to New Orleans early so while we are waiting to check in we are going to ride the street car and see some of the sites. I haven't complained on the site lately but I have been having more trouble with my left knee. Talked with the nurse today and she said keep it wrapped and need to see the doctor next week to see if there is fluid on the knee.

Y'all keep those recipes coming in while I am gone.

Kya D

Dale
Debe' and I both would love the 10 Egg cake recipe
Heaven knows with all the eggs I have I need a recipe that uses tons. I use lots in angel food cake but then I have bunches of yolks left over.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm planning on using that pistachio pudding recipe for a dessert for Friday dinner. I'm going to grill tilapia filets with a peach barbecue sauce, sauteed brussels sprouts, carrot and raisin salad, tossed green salad, sourdough biscuits, and dessert.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy there will be no room for dessert after that meal. It sounds very yummy. Does David know that it's brussel sprouts that he is eating and likes?

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, he does. I think it was the way I cooked them that made a difference. I think he had them boiled or steamed before. I did my shopping ofr tomorrow's dinner this afternoon and I almost didn't see that pistachio pudding mix. But it was there, so I bought two boxes. I'll save one box for later. I changed my mind on the carrot/raisin salad though. With just the biscuits, I was a little short on carbs. So I'm going to leave out the carrot/raisin salad and make some scalloped potatoes. I know David likes those. You wouldn't believe the serving size he puts on his plate.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com