Plans for next year

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

After this year I'm going to down size the flower beds in the front yard, I don't spend time out there working on it and weeding so down sizing the flower bed will help, and it will only add a few more min. to mow the lawn and trim it, most of the plants will be moved to the back yard or along side the drive way, for some reason I don't spend much time in the front yard and this I hope will make things easier to keep up.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We do what we gotta do!
For me less grass is more!
I'll be doing more gardens next year!
And I will be experimenting with more drought tolerant ornamental grasses!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like that idea Bear. My last house we had moved all the way as close to the street as we could so I had a really smal front yard and a really big back yard. It made is so easy to keep groomed.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have cut back on my garden this year. What with school and all I don't have time to keep it up. I am going to the sale at the wildlife center on Fri so maybe more things to plant. lol so much for cutting back. but these will be native plants and drought resistant. much easier to live with here.

GardenBear1

Most of the plants that will stay in they front yard are drought resistant,I have some navtive, plants, I have Queen Ann lace that comes up every year, day lily, hosta, that will go along the fence, the lawn is going to be mostly white clover , I found a 5lb bag of grass seed at the dollar store and used some to fill in bare spots, its seems to grow better than the stuff from lowes and only need it to fill in until the clover takes over, now if it stops raining I can do more work on it

Jules

We do what we gotta do!
For me less grass is more!
I'll be doing more gardens next year!
And I will be experimenting with more drought tolerant ornamental grasses!
On the golf course we were at yesterday, they had two huge ornamental grass gardens ..... they were gorgeous and so interesting. Good choice Ron....always nice to have diversity in gardens

Bluewolf

I don't have big plans for next year

I'm colecting yellow and orange cosmo seeds so I can add to the "decor" but that's about it as far as gardening goes just don't have it in me anymore and I'm guessing it's gonna be another hot one...

may try to do something with the alley again..this years plan didn't work :(

shadylane5acres

It is easy to lose your flowers/ornamental grasses, quickly. I found that they will not wait for you to enjoy there beauty after a period of time neglect. I just finished cleaning out the flower gardens, which turned to weeds. Winter is long and a good time to make new plans hopefully.

take care

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com