Plant Food?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jennah

I have miracle-gro plant food: vegetables and herbs for my Basil plant, is it okay to use this fertilizer on my Kalanchoe plant?

Jennah

From another thread I’ve learned that I had a kalanchoe plant and this is what that gardener told me:

“This is a Kalanchoe and requires specific conditions to grow and flower.
It is a succulent and requires watering...let the soil dry before watering again.
Love at least 4 hours of sunlight.
Use a a water soluble fertilizer while it is actively growing. Use it at half strength once every 2 to 3 weeks. 7-7-7 ratio is good
To bloom it requires long nights and short days.”

My plant is doing much better now but still has parts of it that are dying (but that’s a different story) I hope this helps

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com