Plant ID needed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sunflower3

thisfirst plant is coming up in my lilies and I have know idea what it is. The second is in my hosta and I planted it there think its allum but not sure.

Attachments

• all pictures 225.jpg
    all pictures 225.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 288
  • all pictures 231.jpg
    all pictures 231.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 283

Kya D

If the pink flowering plant is pretty short then I would guess allium too
Cuz it looks alot like mine.
The other one I just have no clue.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first looks a lot like ragweed!
The second is an alium! Pick a leaf off it, it should smell like onion!

sunflower3

the bulbs smelled like onions when I moved. I will move them this fall and hopefully they will get taller??
even with the stem of the plant being fuzz like that it could be ragweed?? should I wait and see or pull it out now???

The first looks a lot like ragweed!
The second is an alium! Pick a leaf off it, it should smell like onion!

Last edited:

DizzyDaff

Karen, - first pic -did you plant any of the Oriental Limelight artemisia there?
Here's mine pictured with the peony blooming in front.

2nd pic is either allium or garlic.

Attachments

• May 19 09 002.jpg
    May 19 09 002.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 266
  • May 24 09 020.jpg
    May 24 09 020.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 286

sunflower3

Just remembered I made a chart of my lily garden and what is planted where. The lilies they are in with came from fishenBC, so i will pm her and see what she says. crazy how we forget stuff, only remember because Dizzy you gave me bulbs too. I'll let you all know when I find out. thanks..

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com