Plants CrabberGirl sent me!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

I was totally busy all weekend with St Patricks day, a friend's birthday, well, you can wait for the book, lol! :eek: And I was getting behind with my school stuff too but I finally have some free time, yay! :D

Here's some photos I took of the plants CrabberGirl sent me! They're awesome! I think I potted some of them up wrong but I can fix that and I'll take more photos but here's how they looked when I got them. They were all totally healthy! :D

The Giant Aloes are huge and I never tried growing a Palm before! Here's the list of what she gave me, for free! :) <3

3 Giant Aloes
A Shrimp Plant
A Devil's Walking Stick plant
A Sego palm
Huge Mexican Petunias
An awesome Cactus
A houseplant with round leafs

7001878645_d6a2d0005c_z.jpg

Giant Aloes from Nancy! by Trax, on Flickr

7001879395_bf5f651e56_z.jpg

Plants from Nancy! by Trax, on Flickr

Okay, I won't be able to walk for a few days but I did get some help and finished re-potting and taking photos. :)
If anyone wants to know why I can't walk, see the Everything Else thread. :)

I had most of the new plants potted up right last weekend but 2 were cuttings so I needed to get those in water and the Mexican Petunias def needed a bigger pot.
I def wanted CrabberGirl to see this so she can see how healthy they are! :D

The Devil's Walking Stick (tall) and the unknown houseplant!
7002389501_148e6c9bc6_z.jpg

Devil's Walking Stick &amp; Unknown plant by Trax, on Flickr

2 of the Giant Aloe plants!
7002389363_e05a069e0d_z.jpg

Giant Aloe by Trax, on Flickr

The Shrimp plant! :D
6856274606_0b1d11e4ed_z.jpg

A Shrimp plant by Trax, on Flickr

The Mexican Petunias! The 2nd photo shows the smaller ones in the pot.
7002388509_b8f7bc1b03_z.jpg

Mexican Petunias by Trax, on Flickr

7002388955_43f0fac2ff_z.jpg

Mexican Petunias by Trax, on Flickr

The Sago Palm, the Cactus plant, and another little plant I found in the box!
I read about palms and found out they need well-draining soil and the crown needs to be half above the dirt so I planted it that way. :)
7002388159_d4b00c689e_z.jpg

Cactus &amp; Sego Palm by Trax, on Flickr

They are all doing really awesome and I can't wait to see how big they get this summer! :)

They did travel pretty well. The unknown house plant is actually a Kalanchoe...:rolleyes: stupid spell check changed it to kolache :eek: ' which it def is not' ha ha ha, please do not eat it :p. any way, I have turned the auto correct off so I am not making critical mistakes! The flowers will be red orange. It is an awesome plant that can be planted out doors in my area, but you will need to pot. It should root pretty easy for you. If something happens to it let me know I will send you some more. It was a last minute add as I broke it off when I was passing a plant. And there is a spider baby in there too, it is in the pot with the odd little cactus. That is the neatest cactus as it has no thorns. It is very soft. I bet Ron can tell you what it is called.
Happy planting to you!:D

If it leaks white latex sap then it could be a euphorbia!
There are hundreds in that family!

Check this one...Stapelia lepida
My Mom had a cactus like the soft no thorn one and when it blossomed the flower stunk/stank/ smelled awful...like carrion.

It does have a white sap like stuff. Mine has never bloomed, I stole a cutting from a friend. It needs more light but I have full baking sun or a covered porch with limited lighting. I am working on getting it to bloom this year;)

Okay! :) Kalanchoe and prolly Euphorbia, cool! :D Btw, one of the Mexican Petunias has grown about an inch taller! :)

I just want to add, that is a fabulous pink wall you have. Atleast it looks pink, I love it!

Thanks! :) It's mostly covered up with posters and stuff but it's dark fuschia. :D My fave color btw. The lights make it look more pink in the photos.

trax, those are really nice plants crabbergirl sent you I like the aloes and the palm and I also like the one that looks like a rat's tail cactus plant

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back