Please Let me know how im doing

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never played with an avocado seed but my wife has. If the crack is continuing to grow, obviously things are happening there. I would love to have an avocado tree, but that isn't possible where I live (Oregon).

smackem

Far

Dang your far away from me but i dont know its splitting SUPEr slowly just nothing i can see. Hopefully when i get back from my trip this friday i see some improvement if not ill let it go for another 2 weeks then toss it in some soil if nothing happens then ill jsut scap the project.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes if the fruit was too green , it can take a very long time. Do not give up on it. The first thing you will see is a little stubby sprout like thing from the bottom of the seed. That will be the first tap root. ;)

smackem

:)

ok ill keep it going till it pops it looks like somethings in the crack i just cant see anything happening after that crack opened. ill hold onto it for a month or two

smackem

finally home

:) loookk how big my babies have gotten!!! pumpkins and beans will hit the grounds tomorrow!!!
SAM_0429.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0431.jpg

SAM_0432.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

smackem

finally home

SAM_0444.jpg

SAM_0446.jpg
:) Thats it for now ill have more posted in another week or so. the picture you see with the circle around it is just seeds i threw on top of mulch and they actually grew!! the dirt you saw with the rake is where the squash will go. water melons next after that then beans then cucumbers . lets pray i make it though the cold now!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com