Please Let me know how im doing

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smackem

Please let me know how im doing random veggies and fruit day one

73252_458352951574_752276574_5402085_4622427_n.jpg

74031_458353036574_752276574_5402088_3568553_n.jpg

37128_458352911574_752276574_5402084_6565065_n.jpg

shadylane5acres

Careful with keeping your seed pots close together, they will start rooting and tangling up with one another. Give them more space between each other.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
smackem,
Welcome to garden forums! Looks like you are getting off to a good start. What have you got planted there?? And what is your zone? Here even in the south most planting is done for fall and winter. I just wondered where you are located.

smackem

Hello

I'm currently located in Orlando fl I have a lot of things there actually apple trees cucumbers carrots corn squash peppers watermelon sun flowers( because my girlfriend loves them lol) beans and maybe one or two more I can't remember I gave them all written down at home. Also I have ordered some superthrive for once they are bigger have any of you headed anything about that stuff?

smackem

ok

thank you "_" oh well i mean it was only 5 bucks so no big deal ill try it out and if nothing happens nothing happens :). BUt for the avocado im still waiting to see if what im doing is good for it or not? i take it outside around 5 pm for a little outside sunlight and fresh air and keep it in a window for the most part of the day.? is that good?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
thank you "_" oh well i mean it was only 5 bucks so no big deal ill try it out and if nothing happens nothing happens :). BUt for the avocado im still waiting to see if what im doing is good for it or not? i take it outside around 5 pm for a little outside sunlight and fresh air and keep it in a window for the most part of the day.? is that good?

When I grew one years, and years ago, I removed the thin brown shell.
I'd leave it in the window all day though.
Change the water and clean the container regularly to help prevent mold and fungi from developing.
The seed should be just touching the water!
...and wait!

smackem

update

not much change but i know tonights pictures will have great amount of difference :) hows the avocado look?

lljhg.jpg

ghdd.jpg

smackem

:)

heres the update i have waited for :) progress

SAM_0357.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

Wooooo FINALLY i get to see some green ill post two more updates and then ill post once i get back friday then once a month :) lets hope i survive the cold season i know im early!!

smackem

First Set of transplants :)

wooooooooo finally this is where they will be sitting though the cold season i hope :) what tempreature should i start bringing them all inside at so i dont get cold damage?

SAM_0358.jpg

SAM_0359.jpg

SAM_0360.jpg

SAM_0361.jpg

SAM_0362.jpg

smackem

Ha

the markers my girls mom got me from just a general store like homedepot or lowes. the stick lookin one are blinds i just cut it

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bring in my plants when the temps start cooling down to around 40 degrees at night, as 36 is freezing and freezing is not good:) Nice looking bunch of starts you have there Smackem, good luck with your growing.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the others in here use those blinds for markers also. I usually use popsicle sticks I get from the craft store.

shadylane5acres

smackem the sprouts are taking well, my eyes must be a little tired but what's the progress with the avocado? Is it starting to root?

smackem

Sadly

Sadly the avocado has yet to take root it's actually the one thing I want to root the most but the crack looks like it's getting bigger just super slow I'll post my last picture tonight since I'll be out of town for a week on bussiness I would love feed back from you all thanks so much for watching and being so welcoming :) happy growing!

smackem

Last one

last one before my trip i hope to come home and my babies are huge!!! please dont forget to let me know how my progress is going on the avocado and all other plants :) . Ill need tips also on how to take care of them once they are bigger but well get to that later
SAM_0391.jpg

SAM_0394.jpg

SAM_0395.jpg

SAM_0396.jpg

SAM_0397.jpg

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com