Plumeria cuttings? Anyone?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

babiebee33

Hi,
I am in love with plumerias. Have a couple tattoos. Live in the San Diego area and I am looking for information where I may find some cuttings to attempt to grow. I know of a nursery that may have some available soon but no guarantee on a $150 combined with a beginner makes not such a great idea to try. Have no problem buying a Plumeria tree that much as long as I know what the heck I'm doing. So I thought it would be good to get my training starting with some cuttings. I am planning on going to the Hawaiian/Plumeria Festival out here, but it is not until September and I am crossing my fingers to get started on one sooner than later. Any suggestions, tips, insight or info on these. PLMK. I have been googling all over the web so I have some understanding of the plant but I am hoping to gain info from someone who personally grows them and not just a vague info sheet. Aside from that the main thing I am looking for is someone who knows where to find cutting in San Diego. For all I know there is a reason they don't have the festival till Sept., and searching now is probably going to turn up empty handed, but like I said I want to try since I am so in love with the plant. Thanks!!

There is a festival this weekend. Usually there is always a couple people selling canes. They are $10 each with a selection of colors. I grow mine in play sand to get them rooted then move to a semi sunny locatin where I can keep the watered. They like well drained soil and never want wet feet.( Sadly mine froze this winter so I am also looking for more))
If you will pay for the canes and the postage I will see if I can get some this weekend.
Just let me know.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back