Polka dot plant issues- over watering?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mqauder

Hi

my polka dot plant is having the issue shown in the photos, the same for my other two (though a little less)

Is this caused solely by overwatering?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• E8BD8FFA-9CDC-4F80-AFD3-499848ADE51E.jpeg
    E8BD8FFA-9CDC-4F80-AFD3-499848ADE51E.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 90

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be over watering, but looks more like some kind of blight.
Check the underside of the leaves for webbing and tiny spider mites.
At this stage I would dispose of them, and the soil....clean and sanitize the area, and the pots, and start again with new plants.

mqauder

Could be over watering, but looks more like some kind of blight.
Check the underside of the leaves for webbing and tiny spider mites.
At this stage I would dispose of them, and the soil....clean and sanitize the area, and the pots, and start again with new plants.
Thanks, I had a look and there are no signs of spider mites, nor have they been since this happened, I think it’s a watering issue.
I’ve trimmed off the dead leaves and will keep a close eye on them.

Spirullon

Your polka dot plant may indeed be showing signs of overwatering, but it's always a good idea to rule out other factors too. Ensure that your pots have proper drainage and that you're not letting excess water accumulate in the saucers. Also, check the soil moisture with your finger before watering again to make sure it's dry at least an inch below the surface.
For more insights on plant care and potential issues, you can explore helpful resources at https://aggressivelyorganic.com/. They might have tips to keep your polka dot plants healthy and vibrant.
Best of luck in resolving the issue, and I hope your plants recover soon!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com