Potato replant?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mtlaidle

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help here, love this forum. My question is can potatos be replanted. I live in Southeast Kansas. I religously plant my potatos (Yukon Gold) every St. Pats day (March 17th). I recently harvested half of my small crop and would love to replant if it will work.

Thanks,
Kansas Matt

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you would still have time to get a crop at this point. Potatoes are more tolerant of frost that some plants anyway.

mtlaidle

Thanks Randy, quick answer. Yukon Gold's are great on the grill with butter and spices wrapped in foil. I can't get enough.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome. I know I am probably prejudiced, but I don't think you can beat the flavor on those Yukon Golds.

gonepostal

I agree with Randy---your "growing season" should be long enough for a double harvest. But even if they dont get really big--those little ones are fantastic! We have a dish here in New England called--"new potatoes & peas"(or string beans). Cook them up-mix them together(whole) then add cream( or can milk), butter, salt & pepper. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm! Love Yukon Golds!

PS--they dig up the little ones here--aka "new potatoes"--and charge you $5.00 for a little 2# bag!!:(

BTW-----welcome to the forum! Great people here.:)

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com