Pruning top of spruce tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

VermontGardener

I planted a five foot spruce tree in my yard last year. I wasn't planning on pruning it at all, and just letting it grow naturally. The top of the tree has two "leaders" however, as shown in the photo below. I don't want the tree to have two stems so should I remove one?
tree-reduced.jpg

Since we are going into colder weather the tree will be going dormant, I would wait until next year. after the tree begins to put on more growth.
Then you can decide to remove one of the leaders.....one is lower then the other... I'd take out the lower one when the time comes...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back