Pumpkin Question

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Stone_Family3

So we are considering doing a 12ft x 12ft section of our front yard in pumpkins next year.

About how many pumpkin plants could we plant in that space? About how many pumpkins do you get per plant?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I planted two hills this year and they were about 5 feet apart. But the pompkin vines went wherever they wanted and some were 20 feet long. The vines went into the bean rows and the corn rows and a few into the orchard to the south of the garden. I counted the pumpkins the other day and there are at least 30 of them. They are about 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Two of the vines climbed up into a couple of tomato cages and grew pumpkins inside the tomato cage.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see the pumpkins in the tomatoe cages. I've had them go everywhere too. I remember when Becca planted on hill in my garden and they tried to take over the garden and the grass outside the garden. we ended up with the trailer full of pumpkins. that was the year Jamie was a baby cause I had a picture of my pumpkin with the pumpkins. brings back memories. no pumpkins this year.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of mine will be going south as soon as I hear from the lady that is transporting them to Scarez. Kathryn said she would like to have 8 of them.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com