Pumpkins & Broomcorn

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Alan in Vermont

Two success stories out of a dismal gardening year.

A decent pumpkin crop with one outstanding specimen and the makings of a witches broom for Elisha. The pumpkin measures 34" across and 24" high, some of the broomcorn hits the 14' mark.

Attachments

• EP2.jpg
    EP2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 278
  • EP3.jpg
    EP3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 289
  • PP2.jpg
    PP2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 285
  • PP1.jpg
    PP1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 300
  • EBC2.jpg
    EBC2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Really cool! Looks great. Don't feel alone on the rough year. I just planted all my fall crops and they were up and doing well, until..... a dillo plowed the entire garden and now I have very few suffering plants. :(

pumpkins are a favorite of my grandchildren. I have not planted them in years. I know it isn't much but any crop success is welcome in a year like this. Good job there.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back