Purple Wisteria

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

The purple wisteria has began to bloom.It's beautiful hanging from the tree's.And it smell so good sort of like grape koolaide.:)There's a tree covered in wisteria close by but not in full bloom yet.I want to share it with you soon maybe.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 002.JPG
    Flowers -10 002.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Flowers -10 003.JPG
    Flowers -10 003.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 325

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wish mine would bloom but never has, got some shoots from my grammie's house about 5 yrs ago and nothing yet. It sure has spread tho.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know nothing about it but have loved pictures of it over the years. I keep thinking this would look nice in my back yard.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing Spider!
My brother gave me a dozen seeds off of his, so I'll be starting them for my plant sale!
From seed they can grow a good 4ft in their first year!
I will keep one to train into a standard (one trunk) and keep the top clipped in a bonsi shape!

Last edited:

SandiB

My wisteria hasn't greened up yet. Each year it grows taller & blooms more:)

Your wisteria is beautiful Spider.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found fuzzy buds on mine so maybe it will bloom this yr for the first time. i searched the net and it said buds were fuzzy so praying that is what they are. They are about an inch or so long now, how big do they get? I have never seen a bud, only blooms

Maggie

I will keep one to train into a standard (one trunk) and keep the top clipped in a bonsi shape![/QUOTE]

Ron,there is a house not to far from me that has trained one in the bonsi shape. It's around 31/2 to 4ft tall and about 25ft around. It is huge and the blooms hang to the ground. It is gorgeous when in bloom.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will keep one to train into a standard (one trunk) and keep the top clipped in a bonsi shape!

Ron,there is a house not to far from me that has trained one in the bonsi shape. It's around 31/2 to 4ft tall and about 25ft around. It is huge and the blooms hang to the ground. It is gorgeous when in bloom.[/QUOTE]

I bet they are always out there pruning and clipping it to keep the shape!
I bet it is gorgous!
The things we do to create a perfect specimen just for a few short week of blooms!

Melissa

That is so pretty. I have a friend and it grows all over their fence...its huge. She is always offering to share...wish I had something to grow it on.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com