Raised bed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Sweeperforce

Hello,
Fist time here, I got a question about how to protect my wood from rot. I'm planning on building four raised garden bed boxes to start and have room to add on if needed. They are going to be 12' long x 3' wide x 18" high. Four of these boxes will be quite an investment so I want to keep them around for many years. I read that deck sealant and other wood protection can be toxic to my vegetables and fruits. My thought is to use polyester fiberglass resin. It seps into the wood and seals all the pours making it waterproof and rot resistance. And for added strength use a few layers of biaxial fiberglass mat. I have some left overs from when I rebuild my boat. Has anyone done this with good results, or is this a terrible idea? Thanks fortune advice.
Tom

Hi Tim!
You may be better off using a vinyl membrane like they use for inground swimming pools and fish ponds.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back